Rear Badges

Addie

Reaction score
I have a 2007 A4 S-line Special Edition TDI and want to do something with the rear badges.

I have the 2.0 TDI Quattro Badge and the A4 badge as you would expect.

I don't want to go around badging it up as something its not (seen a few of these with RS4 badges on) and i don't like the totally de-badge look or totally de-badge the car.

What do you think something like S4D would look like (S4 badge with the D from the 'TDI'?).

Its a shame Audi didn't do some special badges for the special edition, like a black s-line badge or similar. I've seen Black (instead of red) S4 badges on ebay but I think they'd look a bit saxo and won't match the standard font or colour of the 'D'.

It's not an S4, so IMHO S4D would be inappropriate.

There are rumours of Audi doing serious diesel performance versions of both S & RS models...

I don't want to go around badging it up as something its not...

...What do you think something like S4D would look like (S4 badge with the D from the 'TDI'?)...

Don't you think you just contradicted yourself there?

I'd either leave the badges as standard, or remove them, nothing else looks right because it is doing what you don't want to do, badging it as something it isn't.

It wouldn't look right anyway, as the S4 is italic and the D wouldn't be.

I have to agree - it's not best to try and make something up - or indeed make it something it isn't.

I've removed my 'A4' and '2.0TDI' - just leaving the 'four rings' and 'Quattro' badges.

Don't you think you just contradicted yourself there?

No because there is no such thing as an S4D.

Just playing with ideas really, maybe just got with a numberplate surround or something, or replace the A4 with a nurburgring graphic or something see how that looks.

One idea I had was to spray the badges black, that might look smart.