more bass!

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
is there anyway of running a separate sub in the A4 Avants with symphany head unit? as I assume it doesnt have co-ax outs on the back? as I want a little more bass than the normal set up can give (dont get me wrong the OE set up is veerryyyyyy goood!! but I do like my big bass)

cheers

Karl.

i added an Infinity Basslink enclosed sub and amp unit to my TT coupe with bose a good few years ago, that had the symphony head unit.

I think, but its only think.... there should be a set of rca outputs on the rear of the headunit (cant remember - it was around 2004). Would deffo recommend the unit, its got a 10inch sub inside, is nice and compact and has plenty of whoomp to it. Think it cost about £130 all in as well and I fitted it in a couple of hours.

use a line level converter off the sub in the boot you already have *behind the right hand boot panel"

I think, but its only think.... there should be a set of rca outputs on the rear of the headunit (cant remember - it was around 2004).
The Symphony II doesn't have RCAs (nor does the Symphony II+), but it does have line level outputs. WThe rear line level signals are always used so adding a sub in parallel would mess up the impedance and levels, so you should add a line doubler to generate a separate line level signal for the sub amp - and control the sub amp from the same amp enable signal as the OE amp.

Last edited:
Karl,

Now dave has mentioned it I think I may have soldered in some RCA's off the high level outputs. That Infinity Basslink has high level inputs too, I know I've mention the thing twice now but for the money it was spot on and it wasn't too obtrusive in the small boot of my TT.......wish I could have been bothered to take the thing out when i sold the car.......:whistle2:

Is they a how to for the A3 with RNS-E with bose......I would like to add a 8" active sub to the current set up:hubbahubba: