Aircon'd Glove Box

g60jet

Reaction score
I've just retro fitted the aircon'd glove box.

What an easy mod. Hardest part was waiting for the parts.

8E2862807 COOL BOX
8E2816311 AIR HOSE
8E0820701 OUTLET VALVE
N 909365 03 X3 BOLTS

£101 BUT LOOKS:cold: NICE.

Any pics or instructions mate wouldnt mind doing this myself.

Also is it any good?

No pics yet, Need to test it on a hot day, runs off the aircon system via a pipe into the back of it.

fits with three bolts/screws, its a gloxe box out job to fit, but its really easy

I'll take some pics soon, as it takes up the whole lower glove box

This forum is costing me a bomb. Thats this mod, RARB and boot lid convience on my list of bits to buy now.

Forget it as I had it from factory on my S4 & it was completely & utterly *****, you'd need aircon on a fair whack to get that to stay cool & remember its only active when the cars in use so you stick a can in there in the summer or choc bar etc it will be nice & warm or melted by time you come back to it, its not worth the time/money.

I thought for one minute it wasnt working so I took it apart & saw it was just a kinda breather pipe of the aircon into the glovebox & realised it wasnt broken, just wasnt very good as everything was attached & working as should without leaks.

Not one I'd recommend, however the 12v coolbox you can use from the boot socket is much better as it constantly uses battery so keeps things properly cool, installing the socket if you dont have is fairly simple & coolbox is an audi accessory anyway, I'd recommend this more given it works anytime not only reliant on another system running.

Forget it as I had it from factory on my S4 & it was completely & utterly *****
Have to disagree there, I had it in my last S4 and added it to my RS4 because I found it so useful.

My experience is that whenever it's hot enough to need something cool the aircon runs enough to cool the box in the glovebox. I wouldn't be without it...

My parents have it in their fabia and its very useful. NHN I seem to remember you mentioning you run your motor with the aircon on econ most of the time anyway ? Hence it not being much use for you.

its brilliant, was on a road trip to scotland over the weekend and it proved its worth as it was warm on friday. Drinks in the cool box were nice and cool when i came to open them.

My parents have it in their fabia and its very useful.
Second that. My wife has it in her Fabia, while it's not quite as effective as the A4/S4/RS4 one it still does a pretty decent job.