Volks AutosEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

Aircon'd Glove Box

I've just retro fitted the aircon'd glove box.

What an easy mod. Hardest part was waiting for the parts.

8E2862807 COOL BOX
    8E2816311 AIR HOSE
    8E0820701 OUTLET VALVE
    N 909365 03 X3 BOLTS

101 BUT LOOKS NICE.
    |Present: 2005 B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|DIS|Phatbox|Aircon'd Glove Box|Ambiant Light Pack|
    |Gf's Motor: 2003 8L Audi A3 18.T Sport | Standard |
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec Corrado G60 JET LHD|Mk2 Golf Cab|Mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Any pics or instructions mate wouldnt mind doing this myself.

Also is it any good?

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

1st Gear

Status
    No pics yet, Need to test it on a hot day, runs off the aircon system via a pipe into the back of it.

fits with three bolts/screws, its a gloxe box out job to fit, but its really easy

I'll take some pics soon, as it takes up the whole lower glove box
    |Present: 2005 B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|DIS|Phatbox|Aircon'd Glove Box|Ambiant Light Pack|
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec Corrado G60 JET LHD|Mk2 Golf Cab|Mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|

1st Gear

Status
    Have you been able to get any pics yet? Really fancy doing this..
    Steve

Done: | Ambient Light | 18" Audi RS6 Alloys | Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar & ECU | De-Egg | RNS-E | Bluetooth Kit | RS4 Anti Roll Bar | Audi Torch | Full Rear De-Badge |

To Come: | Audi A6 3.0TDi Le Mans - When I can find the right one!|

6th Gear

Status
    This forum is costing me a bomb. Thats this mod, RARB and boot lid convience on my list of bits to buy now.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Forget it as I had it from factory on my S4 & it was completely & utterly ****e, you'd need aircon on a fair whack to get that to stay cool & remember its only active when the cars in use so you stick a can in there in the summer or choc bar etc it will be nice & warm or melted by time you come back to it, its not worth the time/money.

I thought for one minute it wasnt working so I took it apart & saw it was just a kinda breather pipe of the aircon into the glovebox & realised it wasnt broken, just wasnt very good as everything was attached & working as should without leaks.

Not one I'd recommend, however the 12v coolbox you can use from the boot socket is much better as it constantly uses battery so keeps things properly cool, installing the socket if you dont have is fairly simple & coolbox is an audi accessory anyway, I'd recommend this more given it works anytime not only reliant on another system running.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Forget it as I had it from factory on my S4 & it was completely & utterly ****e
    Have to disagree there, I had it in my last S4 and added it to my RS4 because I found it so useful.

My experience is that whenever it's hot enough to need something cool the aircon runs enough to cool the box in the glovebox. I wouldn't be without it...
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

6th Gear

Status
    My parents have it in their fabia and its very useful. NHN I seem to remember you mentioning you run your motor with the aircon on econ most of the time anyway ? Hence it not being much use for you.
    MY15 8V S3 Sportback with options

1st Gear

Status
    its brilliant, was on a road trip to scotland over the weekend and it proved its worth as it was warm on friday. Drinks in the cool box were nice and cool when i came to open them.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by auroan View Post
    My parents have it in their fabia and its very useful.
    Second that. My wife has it in her Fabia, while it's not quite as effective as the A4/S4/RS4 one it still does a pretty decent job.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5