EM TuningSky Insurance
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775

    What brake pads?

    Looking at replacing my pads soon (possibly all round) and wondered what pads people use or would recommend?

    Ive been looking at EBC Yellowstuff they are expensive but seem to be the bee`s knees anyone know much about this or used them before?

    The car is an Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro. If anyone knows a cheap place to buy yellowstuff and has the 3.0 tdi part numbers i would be gratefull


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Wrath's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    North East, UK
    Posts
    1,185
    Same here although I'm not sure of the exact brake pad I need as the local parts place said that a few different varieties turned up for a 2005 A4, presumably this is when the B6 changed over to the B7.

    Tried ElsaWin but it won't tell me anything, keeps failing with "navigation canceled". Suppose I have to take them off and take 'em to the store.

    Dealers wanted 220 just to change the front!?

  4. #3
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Same here although I'm not sure of the exact brake pad I need as the local parts place said that a few different varieties turned up for a 2005 A4, presumably this is when the B6 changed over to the B7.

    Tried ElsaWin but it won't tell me anything, keeps failing with "navigation canceled". Suppose I have to take them off and take 'em to the store.

    Dealers wanted 220 just to change the front!?
    Lol 220 thats a joke.

    Ok ive bought redstuff pads front and back, new front discs and new rear discs for 265.00


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  5. #4
    rowdyboy's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Lol 220 thats a joke.

    Ok ive bought redstuff pads front and back, new front discs and new rear discs for 265.00
    Let me know how you get on with this setup mate, ive never been impressed with aftermarket discs unless they are top spec grooved and drilled items. 265 seems fairly cheap for both front and rear discs with pads, i was expecting decent front discs to be about that price. What make are the discs?
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

  6. #5
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775

    Custom Brake Lines/pads

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyboy View Post
    Let me know how you get on with this setup mate, ive never been impressed with aftermarket discs unless they are top spec grooved and drilled items. 265 seems fairly cheap for both front and rear discs with pads, i was expecting decent front discs to be about that price. What make are the discs?
    Ive been shopping around for weeks and i found a guy who (on ebay) fairly local to me sold me that full setup for 265! cheapest i found elsewhere was around 330.00 for the same stuff.

    They are EBC oem brake discs and EBC redstuff pads.

    Also rowdy i bought a front and rear standard brake line today and went to graham goode in leicester, i gave them the two lines and they are making me a full custom set of stainless steel brake lines for my car for 65.00

    If anyone is interested i could possibly get these done for other people as finding braided lines for a 2006 a4 b7 is virtually impossible.

    I also hope to get the discs grooved soon and then ill get it all fitted and see how it goes.

    P.s got my tailpipes done today see previous post

    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthr...816#post775816
    Last edited by Dazmo; 21st July 2009 at 18:37.


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO