What brake pads?

Dazmo

Reaction score
Looking at replacing my pads soon (possibly all round) and wondered what pads people use or would recommend?

Ive been looking at EBC Yellowstuff they are expensive but seem to be the bee`s knees anyone know much about this or used them before?

The car is an Audi A4 3.0 TDi Quattro. If anyone knows a cheap place to buy yellowstuff and has the 3.0 tdi part numbers i would be gratefull

Same here although I'm not sure of the exact brake pad I need as the local parts place said that a few different varieties turned up for a 2005 A4, presumably this is when the B6 changed over to the B7.

Tried ElsaWin but it won't tell me anything, keeps failing with "navigation canceled". Suppose I have to take them off and take 'em to the store.

Dealers wanted £220 just to change the front!?

Same here although I'm not sure of the exact brake pad I need as the local parts place said that a few different varieties turned up for a 2005 A4, presumably this is when the B6 changed over to the B7.

Tried ElsaWin but it won't tell me anything, keeps failing with "navigation canceled". Suppose I have to take them off and take 'em to the store.

Dealers wanted £220 just to change the front!?

Lol £220 thats a joke.

Ok ive bought redstuff pads front and back, new front discs and new rear discs for £265.00

Lol £220 thats a joke.

Ok ive bought redstuff pads front and back, new front discs and new rear discs for £265.00

Let me know how you get on with this setup mate, ive never been impressed with aftermarket discs unless they are top spec grooved and drilled items. £265 seems fairly cheap for both front and rear discs with pads, i was expecting decent front discs to be about that price. What make are the discs?

Let me know how you get on with this setup mate, ive never been impressed with aftermarket discs unless they are top spec grooved and drilled items. £265 seems fairly cheap for both front and rear discs with pads, i was expecting decent front discs to be about that price. What make are the discs?

Ive been shopping around for weeks and i found a guy who (on ebay) fairly local to me sold me that full setup for £265! cheapest i found elsewhere was around £330.00 for the same stuff.

They are EBC oem brake discs and EBC redstuff pads.

Also rowdy i bought a front and rear standard brake line today and went to graham goode in leicester, i gave them the two lines and they are making me a full custom set of stainless steel brake lines for my car for £65.00

If anyone is interested i could possibly get these done for other people as finding braided lines for a 2006 a4 b7 is virtually impossible.

I also hope to get the discs grooved soon and then ill get it all fitted and see how it goes.

P.s got my tailpipes done today see previous post

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?p=775816#post775816

Last edited: