Chris NottJMB Retrofits
    1st Gear

Status

A4 2006 locking problem ? Help please ...

The locking on My 06 A4 did not respond to the key today So I tried My wifes key which is one month old So no probs there Anyway the system does not work with either key Is this a coding issue or is it something more serious ??? Thanks........................... BTW The car is one month out of warranty
    Audi 3.0 Sport Cab (Weekend) Transit 130 tdci GLX. (Everyday) Audi 2,0 TDI S line Avant (Somedays) Yamaha R1 (Track) Kawasaki ZZR 1400 (Road) Rotax RM1 (Track kart) I is a petrolhead !

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Did you get this sorted? I've got some codes coming up for both keys and they won't lock the car all the time!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sorry this maybe uselss info but bizarrely I was reading the handbook last night - hey give me a break new car and I am that sad... anyway it said if your key stops working then there is a proceedure to re-synchronise it...

VanishingPoint

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Mine was playing up the other week when I unplugged the battery.

To fix it I locked the car with the key in the door then unlocked it and then put the key in the ignition turned it all the way but not start and then got out and it then worked via the button. Strange but it's been fine since.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Reverse Gear

Status
    I do belive that's the proceedure in the book

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishingPoint View Post
    I do belive that's the proceedure in the book
    What a guess that was when I did it!
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    What a guess that was when I did it!
    Happened to me just yesterday after battery had been disconnected for a few hours....manual lock/unlock, then started the car, drove it a few miles home and hey presto all working fine.

BUT.....my abs light is now on

Any ideas ???

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Golfather View Post
    BUT.....my abs light is now on
    After disconnecting the battery you often need to recalibrate the steering angle sensor, see here http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/car...ringangle.html
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5