adjusting the mpg on the DIS - this shouldnt effect the fuling?

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
Right as stupid as this sounds last night I adapted the figure the DIS gives to make my displayed MGG more accurate and took the fuel consuption value from the 100 stock figure up to 115 to reduced the displayed figue to bring it closer to the real life....but i noticed today that when booting it esp on the motorway the car didnt seem to black smoke as much...(its been remapped from 124 to 175 and over fueled a little bit before esp when booting it at lower speeds or after prolonged cruising on the motorway) now it didnt really feel any slower but im curious if the valve found on instrumentation, then channel 3 actually chnages the fueling???? or is it just a fluke it wasnt smoking much today..

cheers

Karl.

thats what i thought... it just seemed odd its seems to be smoking a little less now on full chat :unsure: still seems to go well and im sure that my DIS is now pretty much bang on (well reading under actually now by about 1mpg...but I will live with that)

you need vag com (doesnt need to be can, hex will work for everything on the B7 bar the engine) then go to option 17, instruments, and then adaptation, and channel 3,

now you need to know how much your DIS is over reading by, so do some calcs over a few weeks by brimming the tank, setting the odometer and the dis mpg on option 2, driving x miles then brimming the tank again and repeat, then when you have a log of how many litres to do X mile convert them to MPG.. then compare that to what the DIS recons for each tank full.

then you need to do a quick calc and work out how much the dis is over reading...mine was 113-114%..

now on channel 3 change the value from 100 to the closest multiple of 5 to what you worked out... so in my case the new value was 115. this means my dis will under read by approx 1% but it should be far more accurate..

Cheers for that, since I had a replacement engine earlier this year I have been monitoring this, the DIS says I average 34, but I calculate I actually do 36. I don't have Vagcom though lol!