AH FabricationsChris Nott
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Nza
    Nza's Avatar
    UDO Unidentified Driving Objec

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32

    A4 2.0T S Line - Acceleration Query!

    Sup Guys

    I noticed that in my S Line when I be accelerating from 2nd into 3rd I get a slight holdback like its trying to kick in some power.

    Not sure if this might be something mechanical or just the way how the car reacts with all that power I am needing from 2nd into 3rd.

    Anyone else gets that?

    One more ques - Where can I get Foot break pad caps for my whip?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Dazmo's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    1,775
    Is it a quattro? may just be turbo lag but dont think i have any on mine.

    I would highly recommend you have it remapped though, its a different car!


    Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

  4. #3
    Nza
    Nza's Avatar
    UDO Unidentified Driving Objec

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32
    Not quattro fam but Turbo FSI Special Edition (Petrol)

    I noticed that I dont get it if I change gears at proper timing. The car is 220bhp so its pretty greedy for getting into higher gears quickly.

    Where would you recommend going for a re-map? I am in Birmingham.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmo View Post
    Is it a quattro? may just be turbo lag but dont think i have any on mine.

    I would highly recommend you have it remapped though, its a different car!

  5. #4
    razza1's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Reading - Berkshire
    Posts
    1,244
    yeah, same thing - turbo lag at lower revs, either hold revs higher or go for a remap
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

  6. #5
    gaz j's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    137
    If it's not a Quattro I would'nt get a remap as it'll just wheel spin all the time and you'll be going through tyres very quick. I've got a 220 bhp thats not a quattro and it just spins if road slightly damp. I considered remap but was put off it. The cars fast enough anyway?

  7. #6
    Nza
    Nza's Avatar
    UDO Unidentified Driving Objec

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    32
    Yeah the car is a beast! Dont even talk when I crank it into 6th gear! Woo wee!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz j View Post
    If it's not a Quattro I would'nt get a remap as it'll just wheel spin all the time and you'll be going through tyres very quick. I've got a 220 bhp thats not a quattro and it just spins if road slightly damp. I considered remap but was put off it. The cars fast enough anyway?

  8. #7
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    1,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Nza View Post
    Not quattro fam but Turbo FSI Special Edition (Petrol)

    I noticed that I dont get it if I change gears at proper timing. The car is 220bhp so its pretty greedy for getting into higher gears quickly.

    Where would you recommend going for a re-map? I am in Birmingham.
    P Torque in Wolverhampton mate.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO