Volks AutosAH Fabrications

Thread: Has anybody?

Neutral

Status

Has anybody?

Managed to succesfully fit the RS4 cover that goes round the washer bottle to the B7 2.0 TDI? I have the cover but just can't seem to make it stay in place.

Anybody help?

Adam
    2012 Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDI S-Line Quattro (245PS), 7 Speed DSG • Ibis White • B&O Sound Package • Black Styling Package • 20" Alloys • TPMS • DAB • Folding & Dimming mirrors • Privacy Glass • Interior Light Package Technology Pack High
    Retrofit • Cruise Control

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    What part of it doesn't fit? I've heard of people cutting off a bit down near the headlight and having to use a dremil or similar to ensure a good fit. I don't have any covers yet so I can't be of any more assistance sorry.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Have a read of THIS - it's for the B6 but will give you some ideas.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    The washer bottle cover on the S4 pictured is for the S4 and not the same as the RS4 cover. The RS4 one has a straight edge on the left hand side of it instead of a cut out.

What I've done on mine is put a small tie wrap through the hole on the bit that sticks out down by the headlight and wrapped it around one of my pipes. It's solid and hasn't moved at all.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmspeedy View Post
    The washer bottle cover on the S4 pictured is for the S4 and not the same as the RS4 cover. The RS4 one has a straight edge on the left hand side of it instead of a cut out.

What I've done on mine is put a small tie wrap through the hole on the bit that sticks out down by the headlight and wrapped it around one of my pipes. It's solid and hasn't moved at all.
    The S4 on post number 58 on the link above I take it?

I have to get me these soon they clean the engine bay up a good bit.

5th Gear

Status
    great easy mod, and cheap as well. pjmspeedy got me them and very quick as well...PM him for details. The bottle cover fitted perfectly in my engine bay, just a little gap by the headlight as above but will easily tie back.
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

Dude, what's mine say ?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhat View Post
    The S4 on post number 58 on the link above I take it?

I have to get me these soon they clean the engine bay up a good bit.

That's right Post 58 is the S4 and post 24 is the RS4 one.

PM me if you want any off them.
    Audi A4 1.8T Sport Cabriolet-Full black leather(Electric & heated),RNS-E,BOSE, OEM Bluetooth,RS4 Mirrors,RS4 FBMFSW,RS4 Pedals,RS4 RARB,Cruise Control,B7 Rear Lights,Ally Inlays,18" RS6 Alloys,HID's/Auto lights with dimming rear view mirror,Coming home lights,Ambient light pack & Rear parking sensors.

For all your VAG OEM PARTS send me a PM or e-mail me at vagoemparts@ymail.com

Neutral

Status
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies. It's the 2008 RS4 cover I have with the straight left hand edge. When I put the cover on it fills the gap fine but the only way I can see of keeping it in place is to try and get the right hand and back edge under the bonner seal.

Can anybody confirm that this is what they have done? I think I might have to use a tie wrap as suggested as well.

Appreciate your help.

Adam
    2012 Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDI S-Line Quattro (245PS), 7 Speed DSG • Ibis White • B&O Sound Package • Black Styling Package • 20" Alloys • TPMS • DAB • Folding & Dimming mirrors • Privacy Glass • Interior Light Package Technology Pack High
    Retrofit • Cruise Control

4th Gear

Status
    Tie wrap the longer sweeping bit at the front loosily to the pipe behind the bit betewwn the headlight and grill, then took the top bit in neatly up to the rubber strip beneath the cabin filter, it'll pivot at the zip tie part should you need to move it for any reason. The RS4 has a bolt at the front to attach the curver bit to. Sorry pictures would have described this better but hey ho!
    For Sale
    B6 S Line Saloon rear bumper,B6 A4 Upper Grille,B6 1.9TDI catback exhaust,B6/B7 Full Piano black inlays,B6/B7 RNS E/GPS Sharkfin,B6/B7 Side airbags,B7 2.0TDI Intercooler and MAP sensor