anybody want to help a girl out?

itsmine101

Reaction score
Hi I recently bought a 2006 A4 cabriolet and I am interested in fitting them with those LED day lights that you see on the r8 or s5

my question relates to this, is it possible for me to fit my car with these lights and where can I check the prices for these lights and fitting costs

any advice and il be soooooo thankful

I think the best you can get are the ones that fit under the grills where the foglights sit, tbh they don't look that great like that. I think hofele do a set for the B6 but not sure on the B7

you mean its not possible for me to have those headlights?
thats not nice:beee:

Welcome to the site.

You cant have the same headlights but you could do one of couple of things, buy some aftermarket headlights that have been made with something similar built into them or retrofit the S6 led strip, where are you based?

Personally i wouldnt do aftermarket but thats only my opinion, others have done this.

Also if you have xenons then I wouldnt want to lose them headlights as the aftermarkets wouldnt be the same at all.

I've not seen them in the UK, but if you have a look on the German ebay site, you will find several aftermarket versions. Some examples here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/SCHEINWERFER-DAY...9|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

or

http://cgi.ebay.de/SCHEINWERFER-DAY...9|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

However, the problem is that (a) these are aftermarket items, therefore not OEM quality, and (b) they, being German, are for left-hand-drive cars....not sure how easy it is to change the beam to suit RHD UK roads.

Here's how I did mine......having tried several variations on theme - but with them connected as 'always on', well whenever the ignition is on :racer:

DSCF3555.jpg

all.jpg

Fisk033.jpg

My current set up is different to all of the above - and all use something along the lines of item 190308506967 at www.ebay.co.uk
If you're not too far away I'm happy to help.:superman:

ps - love the thread title - I've never seen a thread get so many quick and helpful responses :whistle2: :undwech:

Here's another method - homemade by an american, but involves taking your headlight apart!

DSCN0057.jpg