Ipod connection/lead

Dazmo

Reaction score
Pick my Audi A4 3.0 tdi up on friday.

The car has the RNS-E Satnav/ 6 cd changer but has no ipod connection or lead.

I got a quote from audi at £200 for a lead plus fitting.:scared2:

I did a little bit of research and have discovered that apparently this lead only plugs into the back on the headunit/satnav and is then fed through to the glovebox, so my question is why the hell am i going to pay £200 for audi to do a 10 minute job. :uhm:

Can anyone confirm if this is the case and if it is all i need are some keys to take out the sat nav/radio and an ipod lead.

Does anyone know if it has to be an audi ipod lead or can i use some sort of aftermarket lead?

If i do manage to do this will the ipod work through the AMI(satnav screen) or will it just play through the speakers.:ermm:

Anyone?

Yeah it goes in the back of the head unit but I think it means you don't have your cd changer any more unless you get some sort of splitting loom. you will also have to drop the glovebox if you want the cable in there, its only 5/6 screws so not a big job. The audi iPod cable isn't great to be honest, I got mine cheap but if i was buying one it would be a denison one with a cradle. it works on haveing 5 playlists and one random shuffle and you can't see the track names or anything, it comes up like a cd changer.
Em I hope i answered your questions somewhere in there!

With the Dension you can get it in a CD retention version so you can have the iPod and the CD changer.

With the Dension you can get it in a CD retention version so you can have the iPod and the CD changer.

Yeah found the details in an old post, great stuff, but do i need the denison ipod kit to go with it??