'Emissions' warning light - anyone else had this?

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
Had the 'emissions' warning light come on today - the one in the shape of an engine/gearbox and lights up orange.

Mine came on after the car had been parked up for an hour - fine before then.

I've got it booked in with my local Dealer - but they can't fit it in til Thursday next week! They tell me it's safe to drive providing the light doesn't flash..........but I'm a bit wary.

Anyone else had this?

Cheers

Rich

Is it the same as a dpf light? You might just need a regenerating then. is tehre anyone nearby with vcds/Vag-com that could scan it for you? Put a thread in that section here and soemone might help, i would but im a bit far away!

Took the Quattro into the local dealer today.......

Seems my Exhaust Recirculation Valve is faulty.

They've got a new one on order which will be fitted under warranty tomorrow, and whilst they're waiting they're replacing the oil cooler, and something to do with the phone system - as recommended by Audi (again under warranty).

In the mean time I've got a basic 58 plate 1.9D A3 on the drive and can't say I'm impressed in comparison with my motor!

My new wheels are due to arrive tomorrow - so looking forward to getting the car back, and slipping them on:drool:

I think I got the oil cooler and egr replaced on mine at some stage too! They must be common faults, glad its under warrenty. Im looking forward to pics of these new wheels, I need some ideas for mine.