RS4 service interval help

rpanesar

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does any know what the service intervals are for an RS4 06 reg?

So far the car that I'm interested in has only 1 service since new which was @ 19000 and expecting an service now @ 36000... This seems odd but can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Also the car has had 6 owners since new and I would be the 7th, should be concerned about this or is this expected as this is a high performance car?

Thx in advance

Raj

Also the car has had 6 owners since new and I would be the 7th, should be concerned about this or is this expected as this is a high performance car?

I can't help you with the servicing, but I think that amount of owners would set alarm bells ringing with me. Yes it is a high performance car, but it's a usable daily driver, not like buying a 2 seater impractical car. Six owners in three years is concerning.

Check out the rs4 section of this forum or www.rs246.com or phone a dealer for sevicing schedules. I would suggest it's around the 10,000miles fixed servicing for the RS models though. As James said, that number of owners would warn me off also - what sort of price is it and is it an avant, saloon or cab?

Does any know what the service intervals are for an RS4 06 reg?
It depends if you are on fixed or variable servicing.

Fixed is 10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever happens first.

Variable starts at 20,000 miles or 2 years, whichever happens first, and reduces depending on driving style and conditions. I got 17,000 miles & 15 months to my first AVS and then 12,000 miles & 18 months to the second AVS - my daily commute changed from mostly A roads to most town driving.

6 owners is VERY unusual for an RS4 - most people tend to keep them a lot longer than the 3 months average that suggests. Makes me wonder if the car is a "lemon"?