2.0Tdi Cambelt change

jwhat

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So my car is 4 years old next week and has 45000 miles on it, so its not near the 80k audi say the belt needs changing at but there is no metion of a time limit in the service schedule. Does anyone know if is it 4 or 5 years?

It's 80k or 5 years. So im ok for another year YAY now I can get some bigger brakes:yum:

i was told 4 years or 80k which ever comes first.

Depends who you ask i think...

I notice in your sig that you have retro'd DIS.

Was this easy and roughly how much did it cost?

hope you dont mind me asking:salute:

i was told 4 years or 80k which ever comes first.

Depends who you ask i think...

I notice in your sig that you have retro'd DIS.

Was this easy and roughly how much did it cost?

hope you dont mind me asking:salute:

Really? I rang 2 audi garages and my a mechanic that I trust, (what he said was 5yrs/60k) So I don't know what to do, I'll ring some other places tomorrow.

The cost depends on whether you have cruise or not. I didn't so I had to buy a new steering wheel control module bout £100, new wiper stalk £60, and then I coded it myself with vcds. But it will keep telling you your low on washing fluid unless you install the sensor or wire that pin to a ground.
So about £65 if you have cruise or £165 if you don't. But if you don't you may aswell install cruise while you have the steering wheel off. I have all the part numbers if you need them and there is a great thread here http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/audi-a4-s4-cabrio/68576-retro-fitting-dis-cruise-a4-b6-5.html