Remap versus Tuning Box

bezza981

Reaction score
I've read alot on this topic on various sites.

The majority of people favour remaps due to a tuning box being a preset electronic box that does not take into account the characteristics of each individual vehicle.

Can someone tell me if all remaps are unique tailored for each vehicle or whether they too contain predetermined settings ?

Or are there different types of remap ?

I have a 2.0TDi 140 that isnt as responsive / rapid as I would like, and would appreciate any advice.:hi:

I must admit , I tried a tuning box on my car
It did smoke a bit more , but seemed to ahve a bit more grunt
But then I had a remap , the difference was night and day :(
The remap was miles better , IIRC the prices was approx the same too ;)
But the tuning box can be transfered on to other cars
Sarah

Hi, if you use something like a blue fin it is the same as a remap, as you have to upload your old map and wait for a remap to be sent to you, the advantage is you can remove or add it back whenever you like you also end up with a device that will read fault codes. However you cannot use it in a different car. Check you’re insurance though Admiral refuse to insure any remapped vehicles, hence I haven’t bought one yet L

I must admit , I tried a tuning box on my car
It did smoke a bit more , but seemed to ahve a bit more grunt
But then I had a remap , the difference was night and day :(
The remap was miles better , IIRC the prices was approx the same too ;)
But the tuning box can be transfered on to other cars
Sarah

Hi Awesome Sarah

Which remap company did you go for ?

I had mine done here as we do them full custom
It was good to be able to detemin , how I wanted my car to be , plus as I do 150 miles per day you see , I wanted fuel economy

The main thing about the tuning boxes
If you dont keep the car long , then you have something in your hand to sell on , but to be fair , the differences between the 2 , remap every time , in my book anyway
Sarah

Admiral refuse to insure any remapped vehicles, hence I haven’t bought one yet L

Surely the answer is to ditch your insurance company and move to a more accommodating one :beerchug: Try Privilege.

Sorry OP, a little off topic :moa:

I am with privilege, do they allow remaps/mods with their policies??

Did for me mate, it was an existing policy however.