So what's available?

acprc

Reaction score
Website
www.atvworkshopmanuals.com
Hi all,

Just swapped from Ford to my first Audi and have a few questions that hopefully you will be able to help me with. When I owned the Mondeo we had the official parts DVD to look stuff up, what system does Audi use and are they available? I hear people talking about VAG.com, what is it etc? Although the sky is the limit on mods etc what are, if any, the essential changes to my 2008 A4 Avant S-Line SE Quattro that could be made?

Thanks in advance for your help

Adam

I recommend Coilovers, 19's and a re-map. Funnily enough I have some coilovers for sale too! ;)

LOL, Thanks for the offer. I actually like the RS4 alloys that are on it at the moment but interested in re-maps. It's the 170ps version 2.0. What sort of things would re-mapping give and how would it effect MPG etc.

Adam

Audi use ETKA for parts and accessories and you can usually download a version of it from a file sharing website, or buy it off ebay. VAGCOM is now called VCDS and is made by ross-tech and there site explains all, I have it and find its pretty cool. As for mods, it depends what you are aiming for? An RS4 rear anti roll bar (search rs4 rarb) is supposed to be good for handling, and you can install Rns-e satnav pretty easily. I don't know much about remaps but have you tried any of the advertisers websites? They would be a good place to start. And don't forget to get some pics up!

The 170 is a tricky beast re-map wise as it suffers from a clogging DPF (diesel partical filter) which can cause the engine management light to come on.

I'd speak with the usual suspects dependant on where your located: Revo, APR, Motech, Star, superchips, bluefin.

I'm not sure how well the 170 responds to the map though but my 140 tdi mapped up to 185bhp and 310 lb/ft which gives you some idea of what is possible.

Sorry about the coilover pitch, it wouldn't fit your car anyway as your running Quattro.

Get some pics up so we can have a nose!

Hi all,

Thanks for the comments. The car will be with me on wednesday next week as my wife is away with the part ex. The only pictures I have at the moment are the dealer ones from Audi.co.uk, hopefully they will give you an idea.

The first mod will be a set of RS4 mirrors covers in matt alloy. I notice a lot of people talking about ambient lighting and a washer mod. Not sure if I have either as standard but if I have got the links right you should see pics below!

a41.jpg

a42.jpg

a43.jpg

a44.jpg

Vindis badge in red on the back is being removed by dealer, and parking sensors being fitted.

Hope you like it, comments are welcome.

Looks very very nice mate, I love the interior :thumbsup: Unusual with the black roof rails too.

:yum:Looks lovely, the mirrors should look really good on it and im sure you'll find some mods for it soon:laugh:. Well wear with her.

The dealer mentioned it had something different because the grill surround is black too. First time with Audi so not up on spec levels etc.

So what's with the ambient light packs and washer sensor I see listed on the bottom of peoples sig's

The ambient light is two little led's that shine down from the roof when your lights are on, I actually installed it at the weekend and its pretty cool, heres the install guide > http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/Ambient LED Install.pdf

I only had miles to empty on my car so when I put on crusie I also added the trip computer with average mpg etc and added the washer sensor because it snnoyed me when I suddenly ran out of water!:keule:

Will need to check the panel I think. Was the lighting module from the dealer or Ebay etc?

Just got a parts cd from Ebay which will help.

I got it from the dealer, it was about £10.50. The part number is in that link i think.

The ambient light is two little led's that shine down from the roof when your lights are on, I actually installed it at the weekend and its pretty cool.

Welcome to the forum.

I've also installed ambient lights but made my own set up using Blue led's, which in my opinion contrasts nicely with the dash and cost half the price :unsure:

Hey, Jwhat, where and how much was it to fit the cruise control and trip computer, i am looking to get both these done to mine. Sorry for deviating from the original post.
Cheers

I bought the parts from my audi dealer, and fitted them myself. I'll have to check the invoice at home but it cost me about £260 but £100 odd pounds of that was because I needed a new steering wheel control module due to not haveing a multi function wheel. I also bought VCDS from riss-tech so i could code it all myself which cost another bit but its worth it as i can use it for scans and logs and stuff.

the 170 engine is already quite highly tuned, so it will only easily go to 190ish...not a massive gain, plus the dpf can be a pita.

May not be worth doing a any re-map at the moment then. The Bluefin quotes a 37BHP increase but don't want any issues with the DPF. The ambient lighting mod is an easy one that I can do if it isn't fitted, and a set of original RS4 mirror covers is on the cards.

Can any body say if the washer level indicator is fitted as standard on my car, not sure as difficult to get a spec list now the newer B8 is out.

Also interested in the TV on the RNS-E but it would appear there are a few bits to obtain to make it happen.

I had a little look at getting tv on the rns-e when i got my car last year but was getting prices around the £500 mark so gave it a wide birth. Have you got a price on the RS4 mirror covers? If yes how much and where from? Your car will have the washer level indicator on the DIS. With having RNS-E you'll have colour DIS which means it'll have all the warning indicators. ie( if bulbs have gone etc)

Not going to pay that much for the TV on the RNS-E as I think £500 could be spent better. Not looked at the RS4 covers yet but will start with the local scrapyards etc and see what comes up.

Good to hear about the DIS having the indicators etc.