Those wanting HIDs other than oem

quincyuk

Reaction score
I wanted the oem xenon adaptive headlights and i went to my audi stealership and asked for a quote.... i was expecting an astronomical price but all i got was " Its too big of a job, tooo much wiring and very pricey cause theheadlights alone where £1200 before labour which was £50 an hour.
So i was thinking even if could get a cheaper price online for the headlights , who would want to install them for me. Im sure someone would do it in the mainland (belfast here) too far away.
So i found these depo blacked out headlights with angel eyes.
I didnt like the yellow bulbs in the angel eyes so i bought both blue and white led replacements
picture.php

picture.php

The brightness wasnt uniform and a bit tooo blue and didnt want to be stopped everynight by the peelers.
And i came across the umnitza predator chromiums made from ccfl.

Clear corner mod with led signals
picture.php

dechromed rings with plasti dip
picture.php

picture.php

Most aftermarket projectors are junk, the aftermarket just cant get the projector quality right, and you end up with nasty beam pattern and horrible light distribution.

Over on the merc forums they seem to often buy the depo units, then fit some proper valeo projectors from another merc/audi headlamp.

Don't like angel eyes on BMWs, and think they look really naff on Audis.

i think you would be brave letting the local dealer here try to fit them even if the price was right , too much grief!

I had CCFL Angel Eyes on BMW, and they looked spot on, and loads of people asked me about them, but agree they dont look right on an Audi. Would def like to swap my halogens for Xenons though..couldnt find a car anywhere in the country when I was looking for mine that had Xenons fitted as an option..

******! I thought i had the only set :(

on the beam pattern, these lights are E marked and approved, they use the Z beam pattern as per oem hids and are pretty good (I work in type approval,so i now a bit about it all)

DSC00036.jpg

IMG_4685_2.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

I have a pic of the beam pattern too some where....

I run these lights with a 6k set up, but this is too blue for my liking when put through a projector, so I will be going down to 5k soon for a more white light.

your avant looks amazing! Yeah mine runs on 6000k too from mtec, mine is only blue when startup, and when there is a reflection.

your avant looks amazing! Yeah mine runs on 6000k too from mtec, mine is only blue when startup, and when there is a reflection.

mine arent that blue, but im very criticle of lighting, and the bluer they are the shorter the wave length and the easier the light is absorbed, so it doesnt go as far,

im quite proud of my avant hehe :happy: its my reward for had work at uni.