Snow tyres

landylout

Reaction score
Is it possible to put 205/60/15 snow treads on the front of my A4 .The rears are the standard s line 235/45/18 .I know that they will fit the hubs of the car but,:ermm: would there be problems with handling if the wheels were slightly different .

The main issue is rolling radius and offset. Don't think that the A4 ever came with 15" wheels but I guess you should be able to calculate the correct offset.

Also worth checking with the insurance co and there have been cases of cover being denied when running with non-standard wheels.

Is it possible to put 205/60/15 snow treads on the front of my A4 .The rears are the standard s line 235/45/18 .I know that they will fit the hubs of the car but,:ermm: would there be problems with handling if the wheels were slightly different .

I wanted to replace my 17" with 15" wheels for winter on 2.0tfsi and the audi serviceman said it is risky and not recommended for this engine, so I would say 15" should be ok for your 140hp. Of course, check with insurance guys.

Just make sure that the wheels will clear the brakes first. I know the 2.0 tfsi needs at least 17's to fit over the brakes but they ate bigger than the 140 diesels.