Chris NottVolks Autos
    Neutral

Status

How to fit RS4 pedals?

Hi guys!

I know this might sound like a bit of a lame question but how on earth do you fit the RS4 pedals?

I have tried heating them up with a hairdryer, warm water, using fairy liquid too! Even worse, I can't even get the standard rubber pedals off (apart from the accelerator pedal which came off quite easy). The brake and clutch pedals are a nightmare!

Any ideas or do I just need patience and perseverance?

Cheers,

Chris
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

2. # ADS
    ADS

thinking about stuff

Status
    you need to get the standard rubbers of first. Cut the return edge top and bottom and pull them off. Personally i fitted Phaeton pedals as there much nicer looking than RS4 ones and half the price.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

3rd Gear

Status
    Put them in boiling water, leave them for a good 5 mins, then just get stuck in with them. It will hurt your fingers, but after 4 or 5 mins, they just go on.
    Mine did, but boy was a i swearing.

(try getting a small flat blad screwdriver behind them to lift the rubber edge off the back of the pedal too)
    2011 S3 Sportback S-tronic Black Edition - Revo stage 1
    2006 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport - For track days and sunny days.
    2003 S4 V8 Saloon Manual Milltek Cat Back - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    Don't cut anything!!

Get a hairdryer and warm them front and back. Ease the old ones off.

Warm the pedal and the cover and slip the new one on. Curse a bit. Warm a bit. Ease a bit until on.

Get uncut originals for when you change cars and want to put them back on and sell the stupidly priced RS4 ones

MY2010 B8 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI quattro S-line Executive
    Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    Gone : B6 S4 (AMD stage 3), TT (APR), Golf GTi, CBR600F

Neutral

Status
    Cheers for the info guys! I will give it a try this weekend and let you know how I get on!!!
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Are you serious you pansy, lol, get your hands dirty & have some sores to show for the effort you sissy, lol

Just messing but I dont recall these issues

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK