Volks AutosChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Tacho backing plate, MPH to KPH

Hi Guys,

I bought an A4 2.0TDI B7 in the UK and have imported it into Ireland. I'm a stickler for detail and it's wrecking my head that it has an MPH odomoter. I've had a look around Ebay to find a replacement backing plate but no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone on the forum has done a KPH to MPH conversion & has the old one lying about?

Cheers,
    Cathal

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I'd be interested in this too as i'll be moving to Cyprus in the summer so will need mine converting to kmh so I can register the car over there etc.
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

3rd Gear

Status
    I want to do this too, but you need a new cluster which can be found on ebay.de but i dont know if they can be coded to the car unless you go to a main dealer. I know golf's clusters can be changed pretty easily but as I said I dont know about a4's unfortunately. Anyone else have any info?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Can be done but just get a broken cluster on ebay & swap the faceplates over, did on my S3 8L when they facelifted the car in 00-01, remove cluster & take care removing needing & make sure you test the cluster before putting the front/back on so when you start car needles are all in right place etc, also clean very well for dust & little bits that lay on the clear plastic cause if you leave it, I can guarantee it will annoy the feck outta you when you see something in front of the DIS, lol, anyway then refit

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Ah thats a good idea i didnt think of that! But while I was looking for a kmh cluster I was looking for one with a colour DIS too. I dont know if it'll work, but i'll do a bit more reading on it and see.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Changing to a colour DIS is a very involved job i think, there's a thread in the B6 section somewhere on it.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.