EM TuningMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Audi A4 'Water Pistol' to VW Passat 'Fan Jet' Conversion....

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    My pair of jets has just arrived from Poland. Four days, including a weekend is pretty impressive.

Can't get out there to fit them just now, as it's raining.

Looking at them, there is a small hole just to the side of the fan jet, which I am presuming is the adjuster. I hven't examined it too closely yet, but am guessing it takes a small allen key. Can anyone confirm this is the adjuster, and if so, which way it works; i.e. clockwise for up etc?

EDTE: Soon figured out the adjuster; in fact, it took a tiny torx bit. The jets are fitted and working. As per the guide, I packed them using cardboard and once I'd got them positioned, applied liberal quantities of PVA adhesive. I've left the cardboard in place while the adhesive goes off. Whole process took half an hour, and I am a useless clutz. Someone who knows what they're doing and has a normal supply of hand/eye co-ordination will manage it in half the time.
    Last edited by jdp1962; 18th March 2013 at 16:37.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status

Audi A4 'Water Pistol' to VW Passat 'Fan Jet' Conversion....

Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    My pair of jets has just arrived from Poland. Four days, including a weekend is pretty impressive.

Can't get out there to fit them just now, as it's raining.

Looking at them, there is a small hole just to the side of the fan jet, which I am presuming is the adjuster. I hven't examined it too closely yet, but am guessing it takes a small allen key. Can anyone confirm this is the adjuster, and if so, which way it works; i.e. clockwise for up etc?

EDTE: Soon figured out the adjuster; in fact, it took a tiny torx bit. The jets are fitted and working. As per the guide, I packed them using cardboard and once I'd got them positioned, applied liberal quantities of PVA adhesive. I've left the cardboard in place while the adhesive goes off. Whole process took half an hour, and I am a useless clutz. Someone who knows what they're doing and has a normal supply of hand/eye co-ordination will manage it in half the time.
    Right, well apparently it's gonna take me even longer!!! So much so I gave up . When you say packed with cardboard what did you do mate??? Thanks in advance
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rizzini7 View Post
    Right, well apparently it's gonna take me even longer!!! So much so I gave up . When you say packed with cardboard what did you do mate??? Thanks in advance
    The plastic oval surround is about 2mm narrower than the standard ones, so when you position it in the hole in the underside of the bonnet, there's a 2mm or so gap between the surround and the leading edge of the hole - i.e. the edge towards the front of the bonnet - for most of its length. This means none of the little retaining lugs engage, so it doesn't stay in place unassisted. So you need to use an adhesive between the surround and the bonnet where the two surfaces touch. You also have to stuff something into the afore-mentioned gap to hold everything in place until the glue has bonded. i used some folded cardboard. Once the glue had gone off, I eased the cardboard out, and then ran a bead of silicon sealant along the gap to close it up.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

3rd Gear

Status

Audi A4 'Water Pistol' to VW Passat 'Fan Jet' Conversion....

Good work, will give it a go tomorrow probably. Me and DIY don't go. Although I managed to change air filter, map sensor and clean throttle body today. And downside managed to break shaft on rear wiper doing Q5 wiper conversion so need a new motor now

Thanks mate
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol, finally got round to fitting them. Adjustment doesn't seem to do much though?? Assume its clockwise for up? Just thought it would adjust to the middle of the screen. Hitting around the wiper position currently

Edit

Just reread and saw they need to be screwed right in to max adjustment for best results. Will try later. They appear to be glued reasonably flush

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    *Adds to long list of mods to do.*

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    *Adds to long list of mods to do.*
    It's quick and cheap, so put it at the top of the list.

2nd Gear

Status
    *bookmarked

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Done this mod the other day while my car is on stands in the garage getting brakes done. However I held them up in place using tape and used epoxy putty to fill the gap and hold them in place. Once it had set I went over with a black paint pen (as the putty is grey in colour) to tidy it up a bit more. Much neater finish than glue IMO.

Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

Neutral

Status
    A quick query.. where have you guys been ordering parts from which need shipping from Poland ?

Thanks

Matt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12