Anyone fitted the Cupra front lip to an S-Line....

Jason B

Reaction score
....and if so, how does it look and do you have pics?

Been looking at them on Ebay and quite fancy the idea of fitting one as it looks OK in the pics but I am just not sure and would prefer to hear and see from someone who has actually fitted one to a B7 S-Line.

Just want to know what's involved in the fitting and how much the spoiler has to be hacked and if it looks good when fitted.

Thanks in advance.

That really dosn't look bad at all. Will drop them both a PM to ask about the fitting. Thanks very much for the links guys....much appreciated.

if you do get one go to VW/Seat parts dept and order one, they are only £20 over the counter.

I looked at it went and got one but then descided against it as it didnt look quite right on my grey car, and also it didnt quite follow the bumper unlike on my old mk4 golf, it would need a little heat to tease the sides out so they arent as bent if you see what I mean.

That really dosn't look bad at all. Will drop them both a PM to ask about the fitting. Thanks very much for the links guys....much appreciated.

Please pass on any details of fitting as I am currently looking at doing this mod too! cheers mate! :thumbsup:

Splitters.jpg

Simply a case of:

1 - order from your local seat dealer

2 - collect from your local seat dealer - hand over about £23

3 - raise the front of the car to ease access

4 - trim a few 'location lugs' from the spoiler

5 - line it up with a friend, and fix with either bolts or self tappers

6 - trim the ends if needs be

:beerchug:

Simply a case of:

Fantastic:icon_thumright:

Bit if a cheap but very effective mod then. Think this will have to be done as it is a great looking addition for something that is so simple.

Ta much for the info.

Splitters.jpg

Simply a case of:

Yeah, this basically... though I did it on my own & didn't raise the front of my car - I should have as it's only about 6 inches off the ground. :)

pic01.jpg

I bought 2 packs of black self-tapping screws - one pack of about 2-3cm long screws & another pack of longer ones (5-6cm).

I then used my Dremel to modify the tabs on the splitter, smoothing them flat & also trimmed down the central struts. I wanted the splitter to curve up a bit in the middle to follow the line of the bumper, but you're best off trimming a little bit off at a time & then trial-fitting until you decide on how you want it to sit.

I pre-drilled a hole in each tab (about 20 I think), then positioned the splitter on the car using wide masking tape, making sure it was evenly positioned on each side (where the wheel arch begins, etc)... then it was just a case of screwing through my guide holes into the bottom edge of the bumper using the smaller screws.

In the pic, you'll see how the central section is hanging down a bit - I hadn't added the longer screws which I have on there now. The splitter struts are kind of V-shaped, so as I screwed it in, it pulled tight.

My coilovers have settled in now & so the car's a fraction lower. That, combined with the crappy UK roads/camber/ramps/etc has meant I've scraped the splitter a few times. It seems the screws work well as they just pull out when you catch it & you can just put new screws in.

I like how it finishes off the bumper & looks OEM, but still adds an agressive edge to the car's appearance.

heres mine on my sportback i rubbed it down glossed blacked it and 5 clear coats looks good with the optics grill

05042009281.jpg

I went over some road debris the other week, which ripped straight through my splitter & tore a big hole in the inner sidewall of my tyre... anyway apart from losing my splitter & having to spend out on a new tyre, everything was ok.

Now I need to order a new Cupra splitter - good job they're only cheap!

I went over some road debris the other week, which ripped straight through my splitter & tore a big hole in the inner sidewall of my tyre... anyway apart from losing my splitter & having to spend out on a new tyre, everything was ok.

Now I need to order a new Cupra splitter - good job they're only cheap!

That didn't sound like fun!

I think I would have had to change my pants too :blink:

That didn't sound like fun!

I think I would have had to change my pants too :blink:

It wasn't too bad actually - the 35 profile tyre combined with my car's coilovers being set low & pretty stiff meant the rim didn't drop down & the car stayed pretty flat... it just felt like somebody had replaced my steering with jelly!

I wouldn't like that to happen in a 4x4 or anything higher off the ground - the wheel could quite easily act as a pivot point if the higher sidewall tyre blew out & the softer suspension reacted at 80mph.

If you have headlight washers be careful as...erm...I've heard that using self tapping screws can go through the water hose that runs right where you fit the splitter. I of course did not do this....well maybe a little lol

3f967dea.jpg