Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Anyone fitted the Cupra front lip to an S-Line....

....and if so, how does it look and do you have pics?

Been looking at them on Ebay and quite fancy the idea of fitting one as it looks OK in the pics but I am just not sure and would prefer to hear and see from someone who has actually fitted one to a B7 S-Line.

Just want to know what's involved in the fitting and how much the spoiler has to be hacked and if it looks good when fitted.

Thanks in advance.
    A4 B7 2.5 Tdi S-Line - (Just Fitted) Hyper Black RS4 Replica Wheels (To Fit) Chrome Mirrors (Want) RS4 pedals - Rear Spoiler - Aftermarket Exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quick google search reveals this

http://www.northtexasaudigroup.com/f...25&postcount=1

looks quite good

Cheers

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    That really dosn't look bad at all. Will drop them both a PM to ask about the fitting. Thanks very much for the links guys....much appreciated.
    A4 B7 2.5 Tdi S-Line - (Just Fitted) Hyper Black RS4 Replica Wheels (To Fit) Chrome Mirrors (Want) RS4 pedals - Rear Spoiler - Aftermarket Exhaust

M7R
    Type Approval Engineer,

Status
    if you do get one go to VW/Seat parts dept and order one, they are only 20 over the counter.

I looked at it went and got one but then descided against it as it didnt look quite right on my grey car, and also it didnt quite follow the bumper unlike on my old mk4 golf, it would need a little heat to tease the sides out so they arent as bent if you see what I mean.

83 GTi - road legal track weapon - now running 2.0l 16v super charged, = FAST!
    Daily hack: Audi A4 Avant S Line 2.0TDI Motech map to 175bhp, Milltek twin exit system, 1/2 leather, DIS, Fan washer jets, B8 rear aero wiper, FK headlight,

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
    That really dosn't look bad at all. Will drop them both a PM to ask about the fitting. Thanks very much for the links guys....much appreciated.
    Please pass on any details of fitting as I am currently looking at doing this mod too! cheers mate!
    StagsyA4
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0 TDi S-Line (140 bhp), Saloon, Moro Blue Pearl Effect with...
    Black Leather w/ Alcantara | Rear Parking Sensors | BT Handsfree w/ iPhone 4 Dock | RS4 Pedals | RNS-E | Tints
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To come: OEM Xenon's | FB Steering Wheel | Centre Armrest | Bluefin | New RS6 rep's 19"

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StagsyA4 View Post
    Please pass on any details of fitting as I am currently looking at doing this mod too! cheers mate!
    Like he said - I'm looking to do this too - for 20 over the counter you can't go too far wrong!

loves quattro

Status

Simply a case of:

1 - order from your local seat dealer

2 - collect from your local seat dealer - hand over about 23

3 - raise the front of the car to ease access

4 - trim a few 'location lugs' from the spoiler

5 - line it up with a friend, and fix with either bolts or self tappers

6 - trim the ends if needs be

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardesty View Post

Simply a case of:

Fantastic

Bit if a cheap but very effective mod then. Think this will have to be done as it is a great looking addition for something that is so simple.

Ta much for the info.

5th Gear

Status
    anyone got the part no.? And can you order them from an Audi garage, as my nearest Seat garage is miles away?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

loves quattro

Status
    I'm afraid you can only get them from Seat Dealers - unless you want to pay about double via Ebay........

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Leon-...00000002786925

Expect to hand over around 20 at Seat for PART NUMBER 1ML 805 903

Rich

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status

Simply a case of:

Yeah, this basically... though I did it on my own & didn't raise the front of my car - I should have as it's only about 6 inches off the ground.

I bought 2 packs of black self-tapping screws - one pack of about 2-3cm long screws & another pack of longer ones (5-6cm).

I then used my Dremel to modify the tabs on the splitter, smoothing them flat & also trimmed down the central struts. I wanted the splitter to curve up a bit in the middle to follow the line of the bumper, but you're best off trimming a little bit off at a time & then trial-fitting until you decide on how you want it to sit.

I pre-drilled a hole in each tab (about 20 I think), then positioned the splitter on the car using wide masking tape, making sure it was evenly positioned on each side (where the wheel arch begins, etc)... then it was just a case of screwing through my guide holes into the bottom edge of the bumper using the smaller screws.

In the pic, you'll see how the central section is hanging down a bit - I hadn't added the longer screws which I have on there now. The splitter struts are kind of V-shaped, so as I screwed it in, it pulled tight.

My coilovers have settled in now & so the car's a fraction lower. That, combined with the crappy UK roads/camber/ramps/etc has meant I've scraped the splitter a few times. It seems the screws work well as they just pull out when you catch it & you can just put new screws in.

I like how it finishes off the bumper & looks OEM, but still adds an agressive edge to the car's appearance.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

loves quattro

Status
    That looks awesome on a black ride

5th Gear

Status
    Just fitted:
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED

Status
    heres mine on my sportback i rubbed it down glossed blacked it and 5 clear coats looks good with the optics grill

5th Gear

Status
    Looking good...did think about painting it as well to make it blend a bit better...

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    I went over some road debris the other week, which ripped straight through my splitter & tore a big hole in the inner sidewall of my tyre... anyway apart from losing my splitter & having to spend out on a new tyre, everything was ok.

Now I need to order a new Cupra splitter - good job they're only cheap!
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramodz View Post
    I went over some road debris the other week, which ripped straight through my splitter & tore a big hole in the inner sidewall of my tyre... anyway apart from losing my splitter & having to spend out on a new tyre, everything was ok.

Now I need to order a new Cupra splitter - good job they're only cheap!

That didn't sound like fun!

I think I would have had to change my pants too

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhat View Post
    That didn't sound like fun!

I think I would have had to change my pants too
    It wasn't too bad actually - the 35 profile tyre combined with my car's coilovers being set low & pretty stiff meant the rim didn't drop down & the car stayed pretty flat... it just felt like somebody had replaced my steering with jelly!

I wouldn't like that to happen in a 4x4 or anything higher off the ground - the wheel could quite easily act as a pivot point if the higher sidewall tyre blew out & the softer suspension reacted at 80mph.

3rd Gear

Status
    I fitted my Cupra splitter on Sunday and it

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    If you have headlight washers be careful as...erm...I've heard that using self tapping screws can go through the water hose that runs right where you fit the splitter. I of course did not do this....well maybe a little lol

If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!

Audi A4 S-line Avant 2.0T FSI

Status
    I'm afraid you can only get them from Seat Dealers - unless you want to pay about double via Ebay........

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Leon-...00000002786925

Expect to hand over around 20 at Seat for PART NUMBER 1ML 805 903

Rich
    I paid 16 from my local Seat dealer in Letchworth
    If it's got t*ts or wheels, it's TROUBLE!