A4 Avant Quattro wheels + remap

Candellara

Reaction score
Hi All,

Be gentle - first post :sm4:

I've recently bought a 2006 A4 Avant Quattro S-Line 2.0 TFSI Special Edition and would like to fit 19" RS4 rep wheels.

From searching on the forum i understand that OEM RS4 wheels do not fit.

My first question is - who makes the best replica's (as i've seen some awful ones) and what size should i run in terms of offset? The car currently has 8 x 18 SLine wheels with 235/45 x 18

My second question is that although this car has 220 bhp - it feels a bit breathless compared to my previous Mercedes - will re-mapping make a big difference to throttle response and overall power? The car had a Milltek exhaust system fitted from new i believe - if this makes much difference

Thanks

Jason

Sorry I can't help you with your questions, but if you put your sline wheels up for sale let me know ;-)

Personally I wouldnt do 19's as the ride wont be particularly nice, stick with 18's, depends on the remap you get really cause you can get revo which you can change throttle responce with the dongle which is extra or you can get your map customed to your liking, personally any map will improve it over stock anyway & if it has a milltek this is a good start for sure for the map

Personally I wouldnt do 19's as the ride wont be particularly nice, stick with 18's, depends on the remap you get really cause you can get revo which you can change throttle responce with the dongle which is extra or you can get your map customed to your liking, personally any map will improve it over stock anyway & if it has a milltek this is a good start for sure for the map

Thanks for your input re: mapping

As for the wheels - the car looks under tyred IMO with 18's and really needs 19's with a good offset (without clearance issues) to set the car off.

Hello Jason :icon_thumright: I assume there's only one Candellara in Sussex!

hey mate ive the saloon version of your car with 19" italian bowed rs4 reps which et 42 an runnin 235 35 19 tyres, no chance of arch issues if lowered to the ground! ive pics in the b7 pics section!

not great pics as phone camera is ****!!

hey mate ive the saloon version of your car with 19" italian bowed rs4 reps which et 42 an runnin 235 35 19 tyres, no chance of arch issues if lowered to the ground! ive pics in the b7 pics section!
Hi there - i've seen those pics and the wheels look excellent. I've got an A4 B7 2.0TFSI S-Line Special Edition Cabrio, which has the 18" RS4 replicas as standard. However, they look too small for the car, and the offset leaves then too far under the arches. I'm after some bowed 19" RS4 reps, but can't find them anywhere. Do they space out to the edges of the arches nicely, or do they still need spacers?
Please can you let me know where you got them from?
Cheers
Paul

Hi there - i've seen those pics and the wheels look excellent. I've got an A4 B7 2.0TFSI S-Line Special Edition Cabrio, which has the 18" RS4 replicas as standard. However, they look too small for the car, and the offset leaves then too far under the arches. I'm after some bowed 19" RS4 reps, but can't find them anywhere. Do they space out to the edges of the arches nicely, or do they still need spacers?
Please can you let me know where you got them from?
Cheers
Paul

i personally didnt want them rite to the edge of the arches.

they are pretty close tho! look really well in the flesh! when lowered will look stunning!

www.autoalloys.com

they will answer any questions and advise u better than me as to what offset works best..

Good Luck mate...

Hello Jason :icon_thumright: I assume there's only one Candellara in Sussex!

Woo that's three of us in the sussex crew! :yahoo:

I intend to get mine remapped it can add quite a few bhp, aid torque and economy too.... seems rude not to!

With regards to the alloys, depending on how determined you are to get them fitted you could look at the possibility of getting the face inside machined down (depending on how much is there).

It's something that particularly some of the Ford boys have done with wide Cossie alloys. You would need to look at clearence on lock though?

Would be a nice individual mod!

Good luck.

Mike

Woo that's three of us in the sussex crew! :yahoo:

I intend to get mine remapped it can add quite a few bhp, aid torque and economy too.... seems rude not to!

With regards to the alloys, depending on how determined you are to get them fitted you could look at the possibility of getting the face inside machined down (depending on how much is there).

It's something that particularly some of the Ford boys have done with wide Cossie alloys. You would need to look at clearence on lock though?

Would be a nice individual mod!

Good luck.

Mike

hey mate.

ive a genuine set of rs4's on my b6 a4 saloon, its a sport so the tyres dont rub as its not lowered as much as the sline version! alough the front wheels do stick out a little on the arce! look stunning on it tho!

i would love to have them on my b7 but the offset on them is et29!

considered having the wheel mountiong face machined but it would be quite alot and it may weaken the structure of the wheel and may confilct with the suspension.

its not completly ruled out tho! if i can find the rite guy to advise me i would go for it!