What to buy next assuming my car gets written off.

Chris79

On my 3rd A4! RS4 next???
Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I've been around this site for a while but didn't get an Audi till March 08, I've been gathering info with interest but not been able to contribute much.

We have/had a 2002 2.5 Tdi A4 Avant Quattro Sport which is damaged and looking like a 90% chance will get written off.

Anyway, we liked the estate, quattro and performance but didn't get on with the manual gearbox or the fact that it averaged 32mpg.

My thoughts as we were skittled across the road and into various obstacles were if we make it out of this I'll buy another. My wife and baby were fine just a little shook up.

So we can maybe find £3k on top of the value of my car to buy:

Same but newer maybe auto.
Same but petrol.
B7 bigger Tdi.
B7 2.0 Tdi.
B7 2.0T - curve ball there but parkers reckon 40 mpg average?

Your thoughts please!

I'll post photos when I get them if anyone is interested.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

I can't really advise you on what to buy next as I have a B6 2.5TDi q too but would be interested to see the pics of yours to see how it held up in a collision.

Will do, it was amazing, hence the reason I want another. I seem to get run into fairly frequently and this was the best car I've been hit in!

If you wanted to see how these cars fair in a smash keep reading, we got nudged on a dual caridgeway by a lorry changing into my lane. So he hit the passenger side rear, we spun, he hit my nearside, more spinning then we ended up against the armco.

On balance fairly pleased I bought this car!

DSCF2530.jpg

DSCF2525.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

DSCF2523.jpg

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2528.jpg

Doesn't look too bad. If it's written off then it looks financial rather than structural. Why not buy it back from the insurance company and get it fixed yourself?

That needs to be considered, I heard somewhere that most insurance companies sell to breakers and no longer give owners the option to buy.

That needs to be considered, I heard somewhere that most insurance companies sell to breakers and no longer give owners the option to buy.

Not sure about that. I know plenty of people who've done it with bikes. I guess you need to ensure the ownership doesn't pass to the insurance co. and then see what they'll offer you as a settlement.