Chris NottAH Fabrications
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question New tyres - brand?

Done 18k on Dunlop sport maxx (originals)- not really happy with the wear on these tyres given that I have driven very carefully

What would people recon I should replace them with?

Michelin Pilot Sport?
    Goodyear Eagle Asym?
    Continental Sport Contact?

What are you thoughts/experiences?

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Very happy with Goodyear Excellence on our 1.9 PD 130. Now on my second set.

What engine do you have. The diesels seem to wear the fronts more quickly. Ours was down to 4mm on the original front Conti Sport Contact 2 after only 8k.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for your reply,

its a 1.9 115bhp diesel SE

How many miles did you get out of the Goodyears?
    Last edited by jbreedon; 24th December 2008 at 19:04.

1st Gear

Status
    18,000 for a set of tyres is very good going, remember wear depends on driving style and also road condition and type, some are more abrasive than others.
    stevie

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bredhurststeve View Post
    18,000 for a set of tyres is very good going, remember wear depends on driving style and also road condition and type, some are more abrasive than others.
    Really! I got 30k from a set of Bridgestone RE720s on our previous car - a Bora V5. I was shocked by the wear rate on our A4.

Part of it I put down to initially not being used to the way the diesel develops it's power but even now I'll probably see just over 20k from a set.

Reverse Gear

Status
    continental ecocontact cp

1st Gear

Status
    Id be happy with 18k on a set..Im looking at 4 new SP SPORT MAXX, after 14500 miles...
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

4th Gear

Status
    I got 20k out of my set of Dunlop SP9000 before the became worrying in the wet!

Neutral

Status
    Sadly I only got 10K from the factory fit Conti's on the front...........switched to Bridgestone RE050's now so we'll see how they go. I believe (from other threads and other forum) that the A4 is known to be hard on the tyres, especially the Quattro :-(

Reverse Gear

Status
    not one for the major name brands myself as i dont have the cash but i have had a set of 18" Kumho's on the rear for a year with little wear that cost 220 fitted. they have been excellent

just paid 170 for a set of 18" Nexxen ZR rated ones for the front, seem to grip ok and arent too shabby in the wet either for the money

1st Gear

Status
    Ive got the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetrics 245/35/19 on my FPV GT-P (www.fpv.com.au to those unfamiliar with Aussie cars)

Its a 1700kg rear drive with 500hp 5.4L V8

the tyres are superb, especially in the wet, and so far Ive had them for 15000kms and theyve worn around 40%
    2007 RS4
    2000 S3 APR'd

Reverse Gear

Status

Neutral

Status
    18K !!! i wish. i got just under 10K for the fronts on mine and i was driving carefully. They were conti's. i put another set on and i'm up to 19K now and they need changing again soon.

08 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Cabriolet Special Edition, Electric seats, RNS-E Satnav, OEM BLuetooth, SmartTop