Rear Daytime Running Lamps!

Richardesty

loves quattro
Reaction score
I really like the look of my daytime running lamps, but get frustrated that I can't use them during 'dusk' as the rear lamps don't come on unless you put the side lights on, and then the DRL's switch off - DOH!!!

So - I've decided to insert a red let into each reversing lamp and link them to the front DRL's.........

The top photo shows the front DRL's

The middle photo shows how the rear DRL's make the rear lamps look 'all red'.

The bottom photo shows them on at dusk.

REARS-2.jpg

Waddya think?

looks ok rich,
but i think if it got dark enough to notice them like in the pics then its time for full lights.
also think you have to much time on your hands LOL

looks ok rich,
but i think if it got dark enough to notice them like in the pics then its time for full lights.
also think you have to much time on your hands LOL

Yeah I know - they're only prototypes, with replacement brightness LED's on order......along with brighter Reversing lamp bulbs!

Actually - It's an overactive mind as opposed to too much time!

You wanna see what I've got planned for where my front side light bulbs used to sit :whistle2:

You wanna see what I've got planned for where my front side light bulbs used to sit :whistle2:

im thinking of doing a few bits with the lights, as far as the old sidelight position im thinking leds linked from the alarm.

i know what you mean about an overactive mind but at the moment i have underactive pockets!!!! lol

as far as the old sidelight position im thinking leds linked from the alarm.

You're getting to know me all to well :salute:

I've got all the part's lined up, apart from a pair of small red led's - which are in the post :blush: