How to transfer music onto SD Cards?

gaz j

Reaction score
Just got my new car and it has got RNS-e with SD card slots. Can someone please tell me how to put music onto SD cards from i-tunes? I've read a few posts and understand you can only use standard SD and not the shdc ones. Thanks for any assistance.

Yes - you need a standard SD card, and indeed a card reader of some sort, so that you can connect the SD card to your computer.

Once you've got that - it's just a case of transferring MP3 files onto the card via windows explorer.

:beerchug:

if you dont have a reader handy then see if you have a device that takes sd then plug in pc & see if it recognises the device with card in as a hard drive then can transfer files to that drive then insert card into the rns & should work, with some devices like cameras they can show up in xp/vista as an actual drive aswell as a camera which is handy should no reader be about

I've managed to get music off iTunes onto SD card (which is a 256mb standard SD ) but when I put card in RNS-e it comes up corrupt on screen? Yet when I put SD card back in my pc it plays the music off it, so the music has gone onto SD card. Any suggestions?

In which format, needs to be mp3 not m4a apple format, this could be why its saying corrupt

I used to use CDex (as opposed to iTunes) to copy CDs onto the SD cards when I had my S4 so I may be completely barking up the wrong tree here, but are you using the FAT32 file system? I seem to remember this being necessary for it to work.

How do i convert to mp3? And how do i know if it's fat32? Thanks

Good point, but defaults to fat32 anyway & unless you're in IT 99% of users dont even know of different types, but could be though, I am thinking its the faudio format personally.

So was it m4a then & not mp3?

I would say the card is already fat32 mate, but you can insert into pc & then note the drive letter & then go into windows explorer under accessories & right click the drive letter on left under my computer & select format, then make sure it says fat32 then click start, this will make sure its on fat32, then rip mp3 tunes to it & should work fine.

You've lost me, im a complete novice with this. Can i convert them from mpeg4 to mp3?

Still won't work. How do i convert from mp4 to mp3? Has anyone else took there music off itunes?