A4 3.0TDI Quattro

B

Boydie

Alright guys - how are things?

At the minute I am only looking at cars that tickle my fancy after the A3 and the 3.0TDI quattro A4 has me curious!

277bhp with a remap - any issues to those who have done this?

Any 3.0 owners?

Any other issue's that would/could crop up?

What other tunning potential has the car within reason?

Thanks!

well manual would no doubt be better for tuning as clutch can easily be uprated which allows more power on the engine I would say, Allard are a good diesel company for tuning, get hold of them if the Mr Allard is still ok as I heard he was unwell.

But from all comments I've heard, this engine & car is superb, I was gonna buy an avant & tbh I still am as I realised other day I need a bigger boot/car full stop, shopping, tools etc

I reckon it could go well past 300bhp with the right tuning company as per Mikey's A3 manual which is quick & very economical aswell.

I have an Avant B7 3.0 TDi Quattro and it's marvellous. Pulls like a train, is very comfortable although at times it can be a little crashy through potholes (mine's an S-Line), and has all the toys.

It's just had a service and feels even better than ever.

Mine's an early car so is only just over 200bhp but it still a cracker. It's a manual and given the powerband you need the next gear fairly quickly when accelerating hard. Can't help thinking an auto box would suit the engine better.

Not had a remap yet but might do soon.

Instead of a re-map why not go for a plug in module that does the same thing but can be removed when the car goes in for a serivce (if it is still under warranty). These do not up the boost on the turbo so do not over stress the engine. We do units that will add 41bhp and 80Nm to the early 204bhp engine for £300 inc VAT normally, but I can offer you one for £225 inc VAT.

I've one of the early 204PS cars, great engine and loads of torque (450Nm). I did try a chip for a weekend but found that I didn't notice the difference and when I did some back to back timings then a sprint through the gears from a rolling start only went down from 17.5 secs to 16.7. One thing to be aware of is that you can get more aggressive chips that ramp up torque quickly and give you more shove in the back, when that map was tried on my A4 then I got vibration through the dual mass flywheel.

Chris