2.0 TDI EGR VALVE

X2JPH

Reaction score
Hi

I have a problem with my 2005 A4 2.0 TDi. Now and again it does not want to pull when i put my foot down. Lots of black smoke. Put it on vag com , its saying EGR valve?? Lumpy in the morning.

Can i remove it and clean?
Have much do a new EGR valve cost?
Has anyone had the same problem?
Can i just put a cleaner into the fuel filter, would this help?

Thanks for all your help.

Jason

My B6 2.5TDi Q broke down recently, and although it wasn't the EGR valve in the end that was Vag-com pointed to initially. I haven't got the car back or the bill yet but I think they said it was about £60 and it's right on top of the engine (my engine anyway) so should be a diy fit.

They can be bypassed, but my feeling is it's supposed to be there.

I don't see how a fuel cleaner would help an EGR problem personally.

Hi, I think you will find that your car might have a water cooled EGR valve, they tend to go faulty electronically not mechanically so cleaning is not an option. Cost wise it is approx 200 + vat and fitting. Cleaner in the fuel won't help. I am lead to believe they can be blanked off (earlier model can) I am trying to find out about this just know for my own 2.0 Tdi

Regards

Duncan

I know you can blank off the 1.9 tdi egr valve and kits are available. My advice is to search for a kit for the 1.9 and see iff the company can do the 2.0 tdi...

Had my EGR valve replaced under warranty! I was over taking one morning and most of the power, a few seconds later the power came back, it was on and off like a switch until I got to the dealer about 25 miles. New EGR valve later and the car has been fine ever since.