Badger5Monster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Remap on a 2.0T fsi S-line

I'm looking into buying a 2.0T fsi S-line manual 2wd or a quattro whichever comes up at the right price. I've got a few quotes on remaps( all about Ł500 ) and about 245bhp. I was just wondering if anyone out there can tell me if it's worth it, performance and mpg wise? Does it change the mpg figures? Thanks for any response.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Who has given you the price of Ł500, you should be albe to find a good re-map for less. We can offer you a re-map with the same power increase for Ł300 inc VAT (as an Audi Sport user). We are a Chipped UK dealer so the maps are top quality.
    You will get an increase in MPG, most people see at least 10% but it really does depend on the roads you drive and how heavy your right foot is!

If you are interested in economy we can supply you with an ST3 multi map unit that will allow you to switch between a fast road map and an economy map when ever you want. You have to set it up your self and will need a PC with a USB port and email ot get it working. Alternatively you can come to us and we will set it up for you. These are Ł400 inc VAT for Audi Sport users and include the unit, leads, CDROM and 2 maps.
    Last edited by John @ DW; 30th September 2008 at 14:40.
    A4 Avant 1.9 TDi 2004 - 20x8.5 & 20x10 Futura wheels and tints

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for that reply. I like the sound of that switchable program. Do you need to plug it into the pc to switch programs? I'm going to note your website down for when I get the new motor. Thanks.

1st Gear

Status
    No, you only need to plug the unit into the PC to get the original file off it to email to us and when you get the modified files you need to connect to the PC to put them back on the unit. Once all the files are in the unit just plug the unit into the ECU and upload, no need for the PC.

We also do a cracking range of wheels for the A4 if you are interested

Including these ST01s!!

Last edited by John @ DW; 30th September 2008 at 20:00.

To come: lowering, HIDs, full MB Quart and Orion sound system, covered interior trim, body kit

www.designerwheels.co.uk

Neutral

Status
    John, do you do a re-map for the 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition? What uplift do you get on the standard 219bhp?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by IainP View Post
    John, do you do a re-map for the 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition? What uplift do you get on the standard 219bhp?
    We do indeed, you will get 265bhp and 365Nm (up from 300Nm). Some people promise 300bhp from this engine but it is not possible safely with the intercooler that is on this engine.
    We can do this as a normal re-map for Ł300 inc VAT or using the switchable re-map tool for Ł400 inc VAT. These are Audi Sport only prices by the way.

www.designerwheels.co.uk

Neutral

Status
    Where are you guys based? I assume I need to bring teh car to you? Also, with these re-maps are they visble to dealers at service?

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status

Up north !

Andy
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

1st Gear

Status
    We are near Liverpool in the sunny North. But if you want the switchable map unit we can post it out to you and you can do everything yourself, so no need to come to us.

www.designerwheels.co.uk