Chips Away

stevehall

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
has anyone here used Chips-Away for any work?

I have a few little dents on my A4 that i would like to get removed, but i dont want to pay Audi Bodyshop prices?

Your location would help, as that would affect the responses you'll get.

I can think of quite a few I use.

i work for a bmw dealer and use chips away for all cars, customer and sales. but were in coventry

Friend of mine used them in Edinburgh for a dent/scrape on a front wing - she reckoned they did a top job and were a fraction of the price of a body-shop.

Another mate has used Kwik-Fit body repair place - also reported good service and good prices.

I think Chips Away are franchised to individuals for local areas!
I used the guy in Warwickshire - He did an excellent job!
And it was less than half the price of the Audi approved body shop!

Yeah they are all franchised, but guess they all had same training and tools....

Anyone got any 'real' pic's of work they have done?

I used them with my metallic Irish Green A6 for a couple of car park dents and was very happy with the results. I couldn't tell where they had sprayed compared to the original. As someone else commented they have a standard process and training so should provide consistent results.

Chris

I used them on our Bora. They repaired a number of issues including

Dents & paint damage on A pillar & front wing from a ladder falling on the car. Invisible repair
Rear bumper scuff. Again invisible
Mirror scuff. Slight difference in paint noticable but almost gone after a T-cut and wax.
Several bad stonechips. Mostly invisible.

All in the repair cost £260 which I thought was a bargain. They came to work and set up one of those gazebo tents over my car. Took them around 4-5 hours.

I'd use them again.

Dents away

I know most main dealers around here use them for there forecourt cars. iwould not be surpised if you booked in with audi then they would charge double then call in chips away anyway.

supposed to be very good. though never used them. they used to charge by the panel and if they cant repair it to your satisfaction you dont pay.

may try them soon as the A6 will be going and have acouple of areas i want looked at before. m

My mate does this work independently & he knows chips away, they are all franchised, they charge a fraction of the cost audi would, most of them do a top job which you'd be hard pressed to see difference from bodyshops 99.999% time, if you dont like the work then you just say so & they either redo or you dont pay them, but I've seen my mate work & you wont be disappointed IMHO.

The tools are pretty cool for pushing dents out, audi dealers aswell as kwikfit call in the same people to do the work you would anyway, my mate does work for loads of places like that, audi stealers just dont want the overheads of bodyshops anymore, so take it external then charge you double or more, urrm why do we call them stealers!!!!!!!

I've used the Chips Away guy in Southampton several times over the years - always 100% satisfied with his work and his prices.

Not having much luck with this, it seems that the paint is the wrong colour and the dent is in the wrong place...

Sounds like a British Rail excuse to me.

We have "Ooops" near us, do the same thing, I don't know if they are a national company or not ....