Badger5Chris Nott
    M7R
    Type Approval Engineer,

Status

Bosal invisiable Tow bars - any pics fitted?

does anyone have any pics of one of these fitted? or have one them selfs? as im after one in the next few weeks, but am un-sure how invisiable it is.

this is the one im looking at. it says invisiable, but then it says the bumper cut can be seen , where as the whitter one thats detachable, but not invisiable says that the bumper cut can not be seen.
    http://stores.channeladvisor.com/tow...%20A4%2001TO08

cheers

Karl.

83 GTi - road legal track weapon - now running 2.0l 16v super charged, = FAST!
    Daily hack: Audi A4 Avant S Line 2.0TDI Motech map to 175bhp, Milltek twin exit system, 1/2 leather, DIS, Fan washer jets, B8 rear aero wiper, FK headlight,

2. # ADS
    ADS

2003 1.8T Sport Ebony Black A4 Cabriolet

Status
    Noboby will be able to take a picture of an invisible one !!!!

A lot of the modern ones have a large swing arm on them that can be removed. But I think it means that the actual ball can be removed if you don't need it on there, but it looks like it will be visible.

It also might depend on the bumber, I'm not sure if there is height differences between S lines and Se models for example

Best bet might be to go to the local audi dealer and see if any are fitted on them.
    B6 1.8T Sport Cabriolet - Ebony Black & Red Sports Leather-19" Sportec Mono10s-Bootlip spoiler-One touch roof module-Green Cotton filter-Forge 007 - 2007 rear lamps-2007 OEM interior dimming compass mirror-OEM S4 heated, elec folding, dimming aluminium door mirrors-2007 RS4 cabriolet exhaust-2007 RS4 Carbon trim-2007 RS4 starter button-2007 RS4 inner door handles- A4 DTM carbon front splitter
    1994 UK MX5 in rare Laguna Blue
    2003 Yamaha R1 (5PW) Tech Silver - not standard !

5th Gear

Status
    theres a guy on here that fits them and offers good advice, look in the A3 forum for a towbar topic started by me.
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Neutral

Status
    I've recently fitted the Wesfalia detachable swan neck towbar to my 2.0 tdi Avant S Line. From memory the model no is 305302. It is invisible when detached in that you cannot see any bumper cut/bracket. The electrics are also hinged to fold up out of sight when not in use.

It needed a minor bumper cut to the underside but the only way you can see this is by lying down on your back on the ground - which I don't make a habit of!

Mykaloon
    Mykaloon

2007 Audi A4 Avant 2.0tdi (170) Sline - Brilliant Black
    1998 Audi A4 Avant 1.8

M7R
    Type Approval Engineer,

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mykaloon View Post
    I've recently fitted the Wesfalia detachable swan neck towbar to my 2.0 tdi Avant S Line. From memory the model no is 305302. It is invisible when detached in that you cannot see any bumper cut/bracket. The electrics are also hinged to fold up out of sight when not in use.

It needed a minor bumper cut to the underside but the only way you can see this is by lying down on your back on the ground - which I don't make a habit of!

Mykaloon

cool, cheers for the info, im off to see witter for my job on friday so I plan to have a word with them but failing that it will be a wesfalia one I get,

nice to know it wont ruin the look of the car,

can I ask how hard the electrics were?

Karlos

Daily hack: Audi A4 Avant S Line 2.0TDI Motech map to 175bhp, Milltek twin exit system, 1/2 leather, DIS, Fan washer jets, B8 rear aero wiper, FK headlight,

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I know its for the B7 but they are all based on same system tbh after some investigating,

I have been doing mine on the 8P A3, I got an audi oem one which are made by westfalia anyway, nice & neat, the main ball literally clicks out with a key turn & knob twist, electrics also fold up so you cant see anything when not used, very nice to be honest, all I have to do is wire in my towbar control module & vagcom, voila.

8P actually required a new lower valance which has a detachable cover where towbar clicks in place, when cover in place you wouldnt know was there underneath.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

M7R
    Type Approval Engineer,

Status
    sadly they dont do the new valance for the B7 so I cant go that route.

on the wriring im going for a by-pass relay as ive looked into the offical wiring route and for the A4 its a ball ache! 1/2 the car needs to be stripped! so sod that!