AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

Chrome mirrors - Easy to fit?

Been looking at these on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...mZ360089267441
    and quite fancy getting some as I think they will look good on a black car. Has anyone bought and fitted them..and, if so, are they easy to fit?
    A4 B7 2.5 Tdi S-Line - (Just Fitted) Hyper Black RS4 Replica Wheels (To Fit) Chrome Mirrors (Want) RS4 pedals - Rear Spoiler - Aftermarket Exhaust

2. # ADS
    ADS

cabriolet

Status
    i got some from ebay and had problems with the copies and ended up getting a genuine pair, well worth the little extra cash.
    there a doddle to fit, very straight forward.
    have you considered getting the matt finish ones, i have them and they seem to be more desirable than the shiny chrome ones.
    Last edited by 1wheelonly; 17th September 2008 at 22:07.
    LOTS DONE, LOTS SPENT !!!!

Reverse Gear

Status
    What were the problems you had with the copies? Are they just not very well made?The matt ones do look nice...are they just available from Audi then or are there places on-line where they can be bought?Thanks for the advice.
    A4 B7 2.5 Tdi S-Line - (Just Fitted) Hyper Black RS4 Replica Wheels (To Fit) Chrome Mirrors (Want) RS4 pedals - Rear Spoiler - Aftermarket Exhaust

cabriolet

Status
    the copies i bought bubbled up badly.
    i got my matt oem ones off ebay, they do come up, also have a look at the german ebay.

cabriolet

Status
    here you go jason

on ebay Item number: 140267206347

Stationary

Status
    Guys,
    Be careful when fitting the matt or chrome mirrors to the A4, I had a pair stolen from my Avant when parked. F*****g tealeafs broke both mirror assemblies off costing 680 to put right.
    Dont get me wrong, they look awesome when fitted, especially the matt version as they go really well with the roof bars (if you have the avant that is).
    There is a guy on ebay, 786_abs who sells them, I got very good service and speedy delivery, well packaged and easy to fit (if I knew then that they would be nicked), the part numbers are 8E0 857 507D and 8E0 857 508D for the B6 & B7 A4's.
    Hope this helps!
    2012 A3 Tdi 170 S Line Black Edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    here you go jasonon ebay Item number: 140267206347
    Cheers for that. Will order some of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sixx View Post
    Guys,
    Be careful when fitting the matt or chrome mirrors to the A4, I had a pair stolen from my Avant when parked. F*****g tealeafs broke both mirror assemblies off costing 680 to put right.
    Dont get me wrong, they look awesome when fitted, especially the matt version as they go really well with the roof bars (if you have the avant that is).
    There is a guy on ebay, 786_abs who sells them, I got very good service and speedy delivery, well packaged and easy to fit (if I knew then that they would be nicked), the part numbers are 8E0 857 507D and 8E0 857 508D for the B6 & B7 A4's.
    Hope this helps!
    Again, thanks for that. That is crap about your mirrors being stolen though....how bad is that you can park up without bits of your cra being ripped off !!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Its bad news when you cant even get a set of wing mirrors with out worrying about some drug addled Tw*t robbing them off your car...

..they want there feet flogging for that, I am really tempted to get some, and have been for ages as they look awesome in matt, but it does put me off having the worry of them getting teefed
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T S line special edition

Past motors
    -Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
    -Peugeot 205 GTI
    -Vauxhall Nova SR