fan washer jets

M7R

Type Approval Engineer,
Reaction score
Website
www.dubclique.com
has anyone fitted fan washer jets to their B7? im really missing them on my new car and would love to fit them, does anyone know if the jets from the mk5 golf or something like that fit?

cheers

Karl.

ive had a look on the parts list, and the cars at work, and passat, and mk5 golfs will fit, but the ones at work arent heated, so im going to have to order some this week. ill get the part number up tonight,.

I was thinking the same until the penny dropped, he's talking about windscreen washer jets that fan the water out rather than just single jets. the mk5 golf has them as standard.

Bingo, its the wind screen washer jets I mean.

Ill have a look on my ETKA and see if they will fit the A3, I suspect they will

UPDATE:

I have brought the washerjets from the Pissrat, and they need a small mod to make them fit.

the bracket that clips into the bonnet is a smidge smaller so its a loose fit. it needs packing/holding in place somehow. I have fitted them and packed the back out to make them a tight fit with some card board, just to prove that it works. I have had to wind the adjusters to the top (a very nifty screw on the front to wind them up or down) but they work a MILLION times better than the old ones.

when ive found a neater fix ill post up

cheers

Karl.

Thanks M7R great stuff !!!
Did you get hold of part number for them?

the part number for the heated pissrat ones is: 5MO 955 986 9B9 you need 2 of them,

the will need packing to make them clip in the hole properly, ill try and find a better solution than the card packer i have now over the next week,

cheers

Karl

Where are people buying parts from? I googled the part number and didn't get anything, and I don't know any links to online stores people may be looking at or use to get parts. Can someone post or pm me some common places?

Thanks
J

Sorry but whats the difference of these ones above standard?

I want these, What have people being using to pack them out? How fixed are they? Anyone having issues with them moving about?

Anyone had any issues with installing them?

Again I ask whats the difference of these from normal?

NHN,

At the moment i have just the standard ones fitted and these give off 2 jets of water to the window, these are good if the crap is under one of the jets...

The fan ones, if i have understood them correctly give off a fan of water, and cover the entire window...

ah so they have basically multiple holes instead of 2, not exactly revolutionary but good idea overall I guess

NHN,

At the moment i have just the standard ones fitted and these give off 2 jets of water to the window, these are good if the crap is under one of the jets...

The fan ones, if i have understood them correctly give off a fan of water, and cover the entire window...

the fan ones dont have a jet hole, the nozzle is a slit, which as the windscreen fluid is pumped through causes the spray to open out and "fan" across the winscreen,

So I take it Audi don't do these then? Is the only option the Passat ones and to pack them out a bit so they fit in tight?

its funny cause I picked mine up from my stealers other day, yet to fit but on inspection look identical to my old ones except for the water exit of course, post when fitted.

p.s.

if they do work etc please let me know of the part number for Audi so I can call them up, purchase and then join the fan spray club! lol

read the thread fella as part number is further up.

also if you're looking to get Vagcom then give me a shout as I'm organising group buy for £221.75 which is cheapest in UK.

Also got some FBMFSW for sale

also if you're looking to get Vagcom then give me a shout as I'm organising group buy for £221.75 which is cheapest in UK.

Also got some FBMFSW for sale

Yeah count me in on that mate, would definitely be interested! Cheers!

so is that a 100% as going through numbers tomorrow for the 10 I need

Anyone know if these will fit B6 A4???

Cheers

Fan nozzles are also on the A2.

Note though, you MUST use the correct screen wash, as the regular stuff clogs the fan-style nozzles up, and you can't clear them with a pin.

The stuff used for fan-style nozzles is different, from memory, it's green...

Anyone know if these will fit B6 A4???

Cheers

They will but as above states they have to be modded to fit properly, wiring & pipes are same maybe need slight extension on the wires but should work 100%.

Fan nozzles are also on the A2.

Note though, you MUST use the correct screen wash, as the regular stuff clogs the fan-style nozzles up, and you can't clear them with a pin.

The stuff used for fan-style nozzles is different, from memory, it's green...

it depends, my old mk4 had used normal washer fluid for 7 years and hadnt had a problem, you just need to make sure you use filterd water where poss as it cuts down the contamination and use good quality washer fluid and use it rich. I use tesco pink stuff in mine as i like the smell of the summer fruits and ive never had a problem.

on the packing out, I have 2 bits of card behind mine folder to make it tight, I keep meaning to make something proper but after 5k miles and 2 months im still yet to amke anything proper but they ahvent moved.

also Ill look into the A2 washer jets just incase they are a diff part number and a better fit.

cheers

Karl.

Any update on this at all? I'm looking to fit to a B5.
Si.

I am gonna maybe fit tomorrow the passat ones anyway, but I have to find a mk4 & an a2 now to compare the sizes as prefer same fit as oem tbh even though can seal in place if need be, maybe I should just do that anyway sod it, lol.

Does anyone know if the Passat washer jets on the VAG Parts website are the fan spray ones?

Cheers.

uh why dont you just get them from the stealers they cost so little then its sorted as vagparts arent that cheap to make a real difference on such a small part

Hey another perspective always makes us all see sense, lol, no worries, I still got mine to fit, lazy I know but got so many wiring jobs to do that its a minimal mod that I know be cool when done but dont wanna lose track of whats on at moment