Retro fit headrest dvd

IainP

Reaction score
Has anyone retro-fitted integrated headrest DVD players into an A4 Avant B7?

I'm not evne sure if these are an option on a new car..............any reccomendations for decent kit?

Cheers

do you mean screens in the headrests, if so you wont be able to go any bigger than 5 or 6" screens due to the audi headrest being so small.
DSC00244.JPG

Yes, woul want screens in the headrests..........take it from the pic that you've done it! Can you give me details, costs etc.? Are those the original headrests or replacement ones?

Many thanks

take it from the pic that you've done it!

do they look that bad?

yes they are original headrests.
can pick up a couple of screens off the bay for about £120
i ran cables to my dvd player in the glove box.
had to dill the chrome poles that sit in the seats to run cables out of sight as it is one pole that loops through not two.
when rodding through the seat with cables,i went down the inner side as the seats have airbags and wanted to stay as far away as poss.
inside the headrest is a hard plastic inner thats in two halves
the rear half needs to be cut out alot to allow the screen shroud to sit in and secure so that the screens dont stick out.
put the foam back over and cut round the shroud.
put the leather back over and cut out smaller than shroud to allow enough to tuck in so no edges are seen when you pop the screens in.
this is just a brief run through, hope some of it helps,if you decide to go for it and want to know or discuss anything you can pm me and ill send you my number and ring me.
its not as bad as it sounds, the scarey bit is cutting the leather!!!!!

all the best with it mate.:beerchug:

I do ready made 'universal' DVD headrest screens in black, grey and beige leather. I can send some pics of installs we have done if you want to see them.

Andy

Forgot to say Phil, I have one in stock if you want to pop over and say hello !

andyccr
i posted phil today and told him to contact you as i remembered that you were in that line of buisness.
he was asking how to do things mainly as he has electric headrests, just out of interest mate how would he go on, do they come out,are the motors for them in the headrests.
i told him to get flat bottomed ones as i remember you stating that mine werent the best, i agree mate, i think it would of been alot neater job but i got these for next to nothing so i fitted them.

i see now that many of them pop forward to allow dvds to be inserted into each screen, do you do these?

Thanks guys.
Andy, unfortunately due to having the fully electric seats, the motor for the headrest is inside the headrest itself with the chrome supports being fixed and the headrest itself going up and down. DAMN. So it will definitely have to be screens into these and not replacement headrests.
As for screens I have been toying with the Alpine 5.8" twin set. You had any dealings with these screens Andy, are they any good????
I'll pop up and see you today anyway.
Thanks for your help 1wheelonly.

Watch this space . . . . . .

Andyccr - can you post some pics, details and prices - I'm interested in getting screens but not brave enough to have a go like 1wheelonly has!

Has anyone else had a retro fit done? Got some prices from local place in Edinburgh but it was £800.00 supplied and fitted :faint:

Guys, I have got the do it yourself DVD Headrests and cant get the front headrest out in my Saloon

Anyone know how this is done, Thx