Couple of questions

diarmuid

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Couple of questions re: my B7 S line TDI.

1. Is there an inside boot open button? I've looked everywhere and I can't find one. I know that there is a button on the key but I thought there should be one inside as well. My only guess is that it is only on the SE? In the manual it says it is on the door but I can't see it.

2. My V5C form says that the cars Co2 is 161 g/km. According to Parkers website this should be 154 or 158 g/km. Why is there this discrepancy. Just wondering out of curiosity more than anything.

Cheers,

Diarmuid

SE model is lesser trim than yours so yours would have if SE has mate, I dont remember them having that tbh, but if it is then check inside the door card side pockets right up the far end near the door lock end, sometimes they hide some buttons in there like the alarm internal sensors disable button, but the books are not 100% accurate for your model anyway, every car I've had from VAG has discrepancies in the manual compared to my car trim etc

I would do a thorough check with dvla & audi ref emissions, does it make any difference to your tax bracket anyway?

Well pretty sure I've looked everywhere...if I can't see it it must be in a totally obscure place.
Can anybody with B7 sline confirm if they have the button?

In terms of the emmissions it makes no difference here (yet!) but if I went back to Ireland it would be in a higher bracket if over 160 g/km. Therefore if i ever brought the car back to Ireland it would affect me.

It just seems strange that it's higher than quoted. Could it be to do with the fact its a 2.0 TDI TDV?

well the TDV I think is the a4 version of dpf as a3 has, so yes it makes a difference & maybe you need to double check with the dvla & audi as I thought with the dpf/tdv it would be lower, maybe I'm wrong, but the a6 saloon shows 159 so I would hazard yours is less than that maybe but has 2.0 tdi which I guess is what you have aswell so should be same or less given car sizes.

I have a 57 plate S-Line. There's a button in the driver side door pocket along with some alarm buttons. It's by the seat rather than the dashboard. I did have an S-Line SE for a while last year while mine was in for repair but that didn't have the buttons.

I have got the auto open boot option installed (I thought that was just stronger gas struts) maybe it's part of that option.

Yeah, I'm guessing I don't have it. It seems a bit tight to be honest. It would be a real pain if the somebody (passenger) was in the car while parked and wanted to open the boot but couldn't because the key was the only way to open it.

To be honest the B7 s line had quite a few things (DIS, interior lights, arm rest, boot open button! etc.) as options that would expect as standard on a luxury car. I think the B8 s-line has a lot more things as standard. Having said all that I'm really happy withe car to date!

Cant you just press the central locking unlock button? (the one near the door catch). Thats what I do anyway if a passenger wants to get something out of the boot whilst my keys are in the ignition. HTH
JohnyT

Cant you just press the central locking unlock button? (the one near the door catch). Thats what I do anyway if a passenger wants to get something out of the boot whilst my keys are in the ignition. HTH
JohnyT

signs011.gif

Well I just tried the central unlock button but it seems the only way to open the boot is with the key (am I missing a trick here?).
I guess it's not that big a deal but I'd like to know if there is another way of opening the boot without the key?
Cheers,

You DONT need the key to open the boot each time. Pressing the central locking button the drivers door should unlock it as should using the remote.

Pressing the central locking button wont 'pop' the boot but it should unlock it.

What position is the boot lock in? If you turn it one way then the boot is locked (ie pressing the central locking button will have no effect) therefore you need to make sure its in the correct position (central IIRC) Have a good read of the manual - its all explained in there!

ye I 2nd that, the central locking will only be effective if the rear door is in the same locking situation as the rest of the car, so unlock all doors, then make sure the boot is unlocked & if not unlock manually (no I dont mean open the boot)then dont use the key in the boot lock anymore, just use the remote, then when in the car & you wish to unlock the boot just press the button on drivers door as I'm assuming you have auto lock after 15kmh engaged, there isnt a boot release as far as I could remember on the A4 range B6 or B7, or was it an addon Isaac, I was sure there wasnt.

There is no internal boot release on the B7, as all you need to do to unlock it is press the central locking button on the drivers door.

Alright, thanks for that. I didn't really know that you had to change the position of the lock in the boot. I did read the manual and it said that there was an internal boot release button on the drivers door (near the alarm buttons). Therefore, it should be in certain cars (unless the manual hasn't been updated from the B6!) That should be sorted now I'll try it the next time I'm in the car

It is maybe fitted for other countries? My B7 certainly doesnt have one though!