Voice control,

leighb

Reaction score
I have a B7 avant on an 08, The voice control works fine for the phone, but according to the handbook should be able to command the sat nav, radio, cd changer etc, It does not. I have contacted the dealer who says it is only meant to work the phone, Is the dealer correct? (Maidstone Audi)

Hi, Yes it can control the sat nav and CD/Radio its called SDS, but you have to have an extra mic installed and the head unit coded by VAG com. I’ve had mine done and it works very well. Have a look at VW Cruise (Google it) he will come to your house and sort it. I think it’s about £95. He came and fitted both Bluetooth and satnav to mine and does an excellent Job.

Hi, My sat nav and phone was factory fitted, and according to the handbook, if I have all that fitted I should be able to voice control it all, but Maidstone audi say it should only work with the phone, I need to make sure before I start yelling at them.

Ok, there are 2 SDS options, all phone systems came with SDS as standard, so you have just got that version.

You could also order SDS for the whole of the Infotainment system and in this case you can control the whole of the radio/nav etc. But it was an option before you go back shouting at Audi.

When the RNS-E is equipped with SDS then the mic is rerouted through the RNS-E and then onto the phone kit.

It is possible to hack your RNS-E (navigation) for SDS with an update disk, but you still need to do the mic rerouting.

I did an A3 on friday, took about an hour to reroute the mic and hack the Nav, but if you update a year later to a new disk you will lose the SDS hack, so you must apply the hack again.

Thanks S8Craig, Thats what I needed to know, I wont shout at Audi,(Maidstone). They have been great throughout.