Badger5JMB Retrofits

Thread: New Tyres

2.0 TDI 140PS

Status

New Tyres

Anyone know of a cheap place in or near Edinburgh to get tyres? I have Michelin Pilot Sport 235/40 ZR18 95Y EL.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    they're about 200 a corner irrc, look out for deals at kwik fit they were doing 25% off 4 tyres
    Last edited by g60jet; 17th July 2008 at 19:03.
    |Present: 2005 B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|DIS|Phatbox|Aircon'd Glove Box|Ambiant Light Pack|
    |Gf's Motor: 2003 8L Audi A3 18.T Sport | Standard |
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec Corrado G60 JET LHD|Mk2 Golf Cab|Mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|

Neutral

Status
    blackcircles.com do fully installed using local agents - prices seem very keen. I've also used Newlife Tyres in the past.......

chrisru

Online tyres, with at home fitting

I've used both etyres (www.etyres.co.uk) and Event tyres ( [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://www.event-tyres.co.uk/) who offer fitting at home or work. Very happy with the service and pricing from both and you can get an online quote. You'll need to check if they cover Edinburgh.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Chris[/FONT]

6th Gear

Status
    Have you thought about the Goodyear F1 Assymetric?

I had the Michelin PS2's until about a month ago when I changed to the Goodyears while they are MUCH cheaper (672 instead of over 1200 for 4 from Micheldever) I can't notice any negative effects on handling, ride or grip (wet & dry).
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

2.0 TDI 140PS

Status
    Thanks - I have a puncture on fron passenger side tyre and only need one tyre. All the rest have ~ 6mm left so don't need to replace. SO want to keep tyres the same at the moment. When need to change front or back in future will get cheaper option.

Cheapest place i found tyres was blackcircles.com but Farmer Autocare are price matching!!!

Saved 20 from most places.