Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Sline

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6

    Lowering a quattro ?

    I have not lowered a quattro before, is there anything I need to be aware of?

    I have a B7 A4 2.0TFSI Sline quattro and the time has come for it sit lower to the ground-

    I have ordered a set of KW V1's

    I have heard that the rear camber needs adjusting...is this true ?

    cheers

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,211
    When ever you lower any car you'll need to adjust the camber at all 4 corners as it'll be out with lowering it.

    Damian @ DPM
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  4. #3
    Sline

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DPM View Post
    When ever you lower any car you'll need to adjust the camber at all 4 corners as it'll be out with lowering it.

    Damian @ DPM
    I know you have to get the tracking re done and camber adjusted but what I wanted to know was do I need to buy any additional parts to allow the camber to be setup correctly like adjustment links?

  5. #4
    06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London (N8)
    Posts
    515
    Nope - you're good to go once your coilovers turn up.

    Mine is dropped on FK Automotive Konigsports - check out my thread for pics:

    pics: 2.0TQ S-Line SE, coilovers, clear corners
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

  6. #5
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramodz View Post
    Nope - you're good to go once your coilovers turn up.

    Mine is dropped on FK Automotive Konigsports - check out my thread for pics:

    pics: 2.0TQ S-Line SE, coilovers, clear corners
    Hi ultramodz

    How much of an improvement are the coilovers over the standard s-line suspension in terms of handling ?

    I am thinking of changing mine to a set of coilovers as I feel the s-line standard suspension has a bit too much roll in it around corners, although its fairly decent over bumps.

    Im wondering if the money would be better spent in uprated anti roll bars instead ?

  7. #6
    06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    London (N8)
    Posts
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by kquattro View Post
    Hi ultramodz

    How much of an improvement are the coilovers over the standard s-line suspension in terms of handling ?

    I am thinking of changing mine to a set of coilovers as I feel the s-line standard suspension has a bit too much roll in it around corners, although its fairly decent over bumps.

    Im wondering if the money would be better spent in uprated anti roll bars instead ?
    I've probably got my coilovers a touch too low to be optimised for handling, but it's definitely an improvement, in terms of body roll reduction & turn-in.

    You may want to consider upgrading to the RS4 rear sway bar, all the details for part numbers, etc are here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105668

    Audizine is a great forum to join - a lot of the guys in the States have already made the majority of performance mods you may be considering & it's great to get their feedback... Not that this one isn't great though!

    Anyway - if you want your car to be firmer & also look purposeful & lowered, coilovers are the way to go.
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO