Rim Damage

NICKY_CDN

2.0 TDI 140PS
Reaction score
I have a year old 2.0TDI S-LINE and had it for 6weeks. Thought I had a slow puncture and took it to tyre place.

Guy had trouble finding puncture and then told me that the air was leaking from the rim and that I would need to get the alloy re-profiled.

Taking it into Edinburgh Audi tomorrow - Anyone else had similar problems or know of alloy faults.:wtf:

You have probably hit a pothole/dip in the road which knocked it in a bit, common, just wack it back into shape with a mallet trust me it works fine, did it on my a8 style wheel when hit a pothole & voila didnt fault again, audi will charge a small fortune & no doubt charge for a new wheel, for wheel work spitandpolish in Tonbridge are recognised as one of if not the best with a 3 days turnaround I think for refurbs etc.

Can't recall hitting a pothole and no visible sign of damage, so don't know where to hit with mallet!!

Well just take the wheel of or leave on car & pump it up to more than normal & put water on it so you can see where the air leak is mate, then litely tap the wheel with mallet until the air leak stops, but also tap it bit more so the metal is pushed further out to seal the air leak area better, just like you would on a bicycle fella.