Monster MotorsportEM Tuning

Thread: Re-badging

1st Gear

Status

Re-badging

Hi
    Just bought a 56 plate 1.8T A4 saloon multitronic. Previous owner either de-badged it or ordered it without model inscription. Personally on a light coloured car (mines liquid blue) it looks a little plain without the badges. Have ordered the A4 badge, does the T (as in 1,8T) come in red or just chrome? Also is there a set distance where I should mount the badges?
    Ta in advance
    JohnyT

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    the 1.8t 190,s come with the red t on the b6, never seen a b7 with a red t
    EBONY PEARL 2003 1.8T SPORT GMBH 190 AVANT 19" GALLARDO,S S4 SILVER SILK NAPPA HEATED RECARO,S MATT ALI MIRRORS,O.CT INTAKE PIPE, B7 DTM VOTEX SKIRTS, HYPERBOOST HX DIVERTER VALVE, RS4 DOORCARDS+TRIGGERS, AUTO-DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR, RS4 BRUSHED ALI TRIM, RS4 START BUTTON, PIPERCROSS PANEL FILTER, RIEGER INFINITY FRONT BUMPER:: NOW REMAP,D TO 240 ISH BHP OMG WHAT A DIFFERENCE

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    There is a set of dimensions for the badges, I think it's in ELSAWIN which is the electronic workshop manual for VAG cars. I don't have ELSAWIN anymore, but I'm sure someone on here with ELSAWIN can post a pic of the diagram for you.
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks lads.....anyone got this diagram with the dimensions on please?
    Ta
    JohnyT

1st Gear

Status
    Quattro or Front wheel drive - Elsawin shows the same image for a B6 or B7:

Last edited by coyote; 13th June 2008 at 23:13.

Reverse Gear

Status

Avant Badge Position

Following my recent post about the second hand value of my A4 Avant I'm keeping it !!! and would also like to put badges back, the dealer removed then for me when I collected the car from new and I recall the 2.0T with he T in red. I guess I can order them from the dealer but am also unure on how to position them, does a drawing/diagram exist for the Avant?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jase0851 View Post
    the 1.8t 190,s come with the red t on the b6, never seen a b7 with a red t
    My B7 2.0T Special Edition came with a red 'T' as have all the other special editions I've seen. Guess it's like they were on the B6, a subtle hint that the car had more power than "standard" 1.8T/2.0T.

1st Gear

Status
    I saw a liquid blue avant like mine the other week, i thought it look good de-badged but i like my quattro badge to much!
    |Present: 2005 B7 Audi A4 Avant 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line|DIS|Phatbox|Aircon'd Glove Box|Ambiant Light Pack|
    |Gf's Motor: 2003 8L Audi A3 18.T Sport | Standard |
    |Previously: SEAT LEON FR TDI|German Spec Corrado G60 JET LHD|Mk2 Golf Cab|Mk2 Fiesta 1.4s|