Re-badging

Johnytuono

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought a 56 plate 1.8T A4 saloon multitronic. Previous owner either de-badged it or ordered it without model inscription. Personally on a light coloured car (mines liquid blue) it looks a little plain without the badges. Have ordered the A4 badge, does the T (as in 1,8T) come in red or just chrome? Also is there a set distance where I should mount the badges?
Ta in advance
JohnyT

the 1.8t 190,s come with the red t on the b6, never seen a b7 with a red t

There is a set of dimensions for the badges, I think it's in ELSAWIN which is the electronic workshop manual for VAG cars. I don't have ELSAWIN anymore, but I'm sure someone on here with ELSAWIN can post a pic of the diagram for you.

Thanks lads.....anyone got this diagram with the dimensions on please?
Ta
JohnyT

Quattro or Front wheel drive - Elsawin shows the same image for a B6 or B7:

Following my recent post about the second hand value of my A4 Avant I'm keeping it !!! and would also like to put badges back, the dealer removed then for me when I collected the car from new and I recall the 2.0T with he T in red. I guess I can order them from the dealer but am also unure on how to position them, does a drawing/diagram exist for the Avant?

the 1.8t 190,s come with the red t on the b6, never seen a b7 with a red t

My B7 2.0T Special Edition came with a red 'T' as have all the other special editions I've seen. Guess it's like they were on the B6, a subtle hint that the car had more power than "standard" 1.8T/2.0T.

I saw a liquid blue avant like mine the other week, i thought it look good de-badged but i like my quattro badge to much!