Volks AutosEM Tuning
    06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status

pics: 2.0TQ S-Line SE, coilovers, clear corners UPDATED!!

just thought i'd add a few pics...

Before:

I sourced some late-spec clear corner headlight units from eBay & FK Automotive Konigsport coilovers & had the workshop put on some EBC Red Stuff front pads while they were at it.

I have 19s ready to go on, just need to find the time.

After:

Needed a proper clean really, but u get the idea

cheers,
    matt.
    Last edited by ultramodz; 25th June 2008 at 22:47.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    nice! How much for the new headlights if you dont mind me asking? And what 19's have you got?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

VAG Junkie

Status
    Nice car buddy, love the drop! What wheels you gone for? The orange corners annoy the hell out of me!! wish there was an easy solution??
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

5th Gear

Status
    I had one of those; they are great cars; Even though I had an S4 and an RS4 I think the sline SE is about the best overall value car I had (got 10% discount too!)
    Looks great!
    Porsche 997 Carrera 4 S - Black, Sport Chrono, Sport seats, PCM, Nav, Tel, Park assist and rear wiper (Yes!, its an option!)
    2012 Audi Q7 Sline Plus - Daytona Grey ,Nav+, Wheel upgrade, Storage and tow pack.

Gone -2007 S5 4.2 ,2008 S3, 2007 TTC 3.2, 2007 RS4 Saloon, 2004 S4 Saloon, 2006 A4 2.0T Sline SE,2002 A3 3.2 Sline, 2001 A4 1.8T,2001 Boxster, 1983 911SC,1992 Corrado G60,1988 GTi.

(Vag com owner)

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    nice! How much for the new headlights if you dont mind me asking? And what 19's have you got?
    i found the headlights for 80(ish) each... though not from the same eBay seller. I first bought an orange lensed version with the intent to modify it (warm it in the oven, loosen the glass & prise the lens out) but instead decided to hunt down stock late-model units.

talk to any breakers & they may be able to source some for u.

the wheels i've gone for are a pain in the arse! lol but to be fair, i knew they would be... they're ADR M-Sport hyper black with a polished lip. here they are on an A6:

and a quick photoshop of them on a black S4:

the reason they're not on the car yet is that the front brake calipers are very big & the shape of the spokes means the wheels won't turn. i bought 5mm spacers but these aren't enough and to clear the caliper, i'd be looking at 10 or 12mm, which would push the wheels out too far (they are et38).

i'm determined to get these on so i'm going to get the calipers ground back by 5mm or so where they stick out at the top and bottom.

once done, the wheels will defo be on & looking pimp lol

1st Gear

Status
    Loving the clear corners, and the drop..not so much the wheels though..
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

5th Gear

Status
    Disagree. Love both the headlights and the wheels. Have been going through a (massive) selection process on wheels myself, but veered away from black, in case it was just too much...

Lovin it though !

1998 S4 Widebody Saloon Track Car
    2006 320d SE Touring - Ze Fuhrer's Wagon
    2001 B5 RS4 510bhp & 508ft lbs SOLD
    1.9TDI (130) Sport -Black-Revo - Mrs Stoakseya4's mota - SOLD

5th Gear

Status
    911SC - what happened to the RS4 ?? Moving 'down' to an S3 ?!

Neutral

Status
    Very Nice. Love the drop, front lights &de-bage. I would have kept the orgianl alloy's (but that's just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). One of the nicest B7 A4 I have seen
    Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting. Steve McQueen

2nd Gear

Status
    Awesome looking machine...would be happy with either set of wheels

I think i have finally convinced myself to get some shiny door mirrors having seen how good they look on your motor
    A4 Cabriolet 2.0T S line special edition

Past motors
    -Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
    -Peugeot 205 GTI
    -Vauxhall Nova SR

chrisru
    Love the wheels and the drop, just had a question on the Red Stuff pads - I've been looking at Green, Red and Yellow Stuff and all seem to have various things going for them. Was thinking about Green Stuff as I'm after more bite in the braking and resistance to fade less of an issue (well has been to date, obviously not trying hard enough). Any pointers on which EBC pad to use?

4th Gear

Status
    Where the original alloys DTM ones? And what size are they and do you still have them and want to get rid of them?

Loving the look BTW.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Cheers for your comments, guys. However, the 19" wheels are up for sale on eBay... I couldn't bring myself to grind the calipers

Hopefully someone with a B6 or something will give them a good home.... here's the link:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140239998867

Such a shame, as they would have looked sweet. Oh well - you live & learn!

@ Marc1: yeah, the guy who bought the car new chose the DTM wheels. They're 8x18s - if I sort out some 19s, I may put them up for sale - I'll let you know...

@ chrisru: the red stuff pads are great - though I have no experience of the other EBC pads. The main thing is that the ceramic compound doesn't squeal like a ***** every time you roll up to a set of traffic lights, like the OEM semi-metallic pads.

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Right... I'm now running 8.5x19" BBS LM replicas (ET45), 225/35/19 tyres and 17.5mm spacers which I had imported from ECS Tuning in the US (www.ecstuning.com).

Which means my silver multispoke 8x18" DTM/Special Edition alloys you can see on my car in the first pics are going to be up for sale.

I'll post a link to the eBay item once they're online & I'll also post up pics of my car as it is now for good measure
    Phantom Black Audi A4 2.0T FSi Quattro S-Line Special Edition
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    excuse the crap pics - i rushed them coz the light was going & i couldn't find part of my tripod [rolleyes]

8.5x19" BB5 LM reps & 225/35 tyres, plus the Seat Leon Cupra R splitter:

RS4 pedals & RNS-E:

I need to tighten the screws on the splitter & also put the ones in for the centre struts, but it looks ok from most angles at the mo. i may even buy another one from the local Seat dealer as i trimmed a touch too much off the centre struts.

The car's almost finished i think for now... maybe an exhaust to replace the anodised black special edition one, but otherwise i'm very happy!
    RS4 grill | S4 mirrors | Tints: 45% sides, 35% rear screen | EasyStreet AutoPilot + AirLift struts/bags | Touareg ET60 9x19" on 215/35/19 all round | 25mm front, 35mm PCD adapters | EBC Red Stuff pads | Red calipers | RS4 pedals | Late-spec clear corner OEM bi-xenons | Leon Cupra R splitter | RNS-E | Ambient lighting | R8 oil cap | Carbonio & more

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    a quick before & after:

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Looking really good now, I love the rear 3/4 view pic - the line of that rear wheel arch over the top of the tyre.....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Status
    Loving the look of that! Very tasteful mods

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Cheers guys...

By the way, my original wheels are available to buy here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=140245464217

Cheers!!

VAG Junkie

Status
    Now that's looking much better buddy. Job well done!
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah,those wheels are much better imho. Loving the cupra splitter also. Really need to sort myself an rns-e system out..
    A4 2.0T FSI S-Line Special Edition, Misano Red / Black Graphite Volterra Leather.
    Retrofitted : Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, RNS-E, Bluetooth, SDS. Ambient Light Mod, Chipped UK Fast Road Remap. (262 BHP), Red Brake Calipers c/w S-Line Decals, Coming Soon... ??

5th Gear

Status
    Nobber you sig looks cool by the pool...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ultramodz,

I've got exactly the same and I would like to lower it a bit. How do you find the Konigsport coil overs? Do they give an even harder ride?

Thanks,

Steve

scotty997

Status
    Loved this so much I bought the wheels.. Great job it now requires nothing else it's just perfect. I have the same car and model only in Mauritius Blue and have just bought coilovers.. can you please tell me how the rear spring adjuster goes together, the front is a doddle but having a bit of trouble with the back.
    Again, what a fabulous example
    Scotty

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty997 View Post
    Loved this so much I bought the wheels.. Great job it now requires nothing else it's just perfect. I have the same car and model only in Mauritius Blue and have just bought coilovers.. can you please tell me how the rear spring adjuster goes together, the front is a doddle but having a bit of trouble with the back.
    Again, what a fabulous example
    Scotty
    cheers! yeah i'm really pleased with it all - i've since put some longer screws in the middle struts of the splitter & tightened all the others so it sits like an OEM part now.

i got a garage to fit the suspension & clear corner headlights at the same time... cost but i don't have the facilities to do it myself!

the konigsport coilovers are wicked - though a little bit firm for some - my female friend said it made her boobs hurt when i drove down to brighton... hehe

Reverse Gear

Status
    just spotted this thread!

Looks fantastic! exactly what i want to do!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looking sweet! I bet the RS4 pedals were a pain to fit though.