B7 3.0 TDI Tip Quattro Avant Pro's & Cons???

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Ok people please chirp in any info about this car/engine, good or bad as considering buying one.

Thanks.

Smiler.

Pros
  • Great engine
  • Loads of torque for motorway driving (even more after a remap)
  • Good acceleration (even better after a remap)
  • Smooth gear change
  • Good economy (even better after a remap)
  • RNS-E Sat Nav system is amongst the best available, as is the handsfree phone.
  • After your remap, you will surprise people in sportier cars (especially if you debadge yours!)
Cons
  • Not enough legroom in the back for adults - especially with an auto box, the driver will normally have the seat further back than with a manual box.
  • Gears hunt a bit when on cruise (this issue is erradicated after a remap)
  • The new shape is about to come out (pro because the prices of the B7 will come down, but a con because you will not be cruising around in the latest model)
  • The seats in the SE spec are really uncomfortable, and after a long drive, you will have backache BUT the suspension on the S-Line is a bit crashy, so you will have to make a compromise - either way, upgrade the rear anti-roll bar to the RS4 one, as for £75 it makes a huge amount of difference
  • The rear washer at some point WILL stop working, as the pipe WILL become detached.
  • The Quattro gets through tyres quickly with all the torque you've got.
All in all, a brilliant car and highly recommended by me - the Avant on an A4 is more of a style choice than a practical option (in my opinion).

I have got a 3 litre A6 now, as I found that carrying Adults around in the back was too uncomfortable for them.

Hope this helps!

:beerchug:

:thrashi:

Ah ok thanks for all that, most will be fixed by my mates mapping which is good sign, I had the B6 S4 avant which is similar & that was ok in the rear, suspension was **** though so will probably change, havnt decided in buying just yet, will see.

I dont like the new shape to be honest, not me at all, looks just not right.