K850i now works fully with BT kit

Issac Hunt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just updated my K850i software version, this now allows the phone to fully pair with the Audi BT kit. Missed/called and recieved numbers now all transfer to the RNS-E.

Whats the new K850i SW version?

What Audi phone module version do you have?

Hey Isaac

Did you experience issues with displaying the network signal strength as my M600i does pair, shows the call lists etc, but it keeps dropping the signal strength indicator, but calls still work ok even with no signal, but other times it will show the strength, weird huh & its not the network as I check the phone when I see no indicator on the rns-e & the phone has a good signal.

Funny one huh.

Smiler.

PS. Dave dont know if you saw but I left note for you saying the mfsw can be done on my car with current airbag controllers fella & number people done already & no airbag controller errors, update you or probably post when done.

Did you experience issues with displaying the network signal strength as my M600i does pair, shows the call lists etc, but it keeps dropping the signal strength indicator, but calls still work ok even with no signal, but other times it will show the strength, weird huh & its not the network as I check the phone when I see no indicator on the rns-e & the phone has a good signal.
I noticed this when I had an SE K610i - finally worked out that it showed signal strength when it was in 2G (GSM) mode, but not when in 3G (UMTS) mode.

Dave dont know if you saw but I left note for you saying the mfsw can be done on my car with current airbag controllers fella & number people done already & no airbag controller errors, update you or probably post when done.
Strong opinion warning....

Anyone who fits a dual stage airbag (e.g. a B7 MFSW) to a car with a single stage airbag controller (e.g. B6) is insane.

There's several well documented threads on Audi websites showing that errors happen (eventually) when you connect both igniters in parallel, and only connecting one igniter does not guarantee that the airbag will inflate correctly when you need it.

Aha I will have a look at that, thanks for the heads up, weird cause it works on my brothers old k600i no problems.

Isaac

What network are you on and what version on the SW is it? Vodafone seem very behind on testing the latest SW versions and therefore won't allow the upgrade. I've just handed back an n95 8gb as it woudn't work with the bt and have ended up with a Nokia 6300, which, whilst a good phone, is no n95! if the K850i works, then I'll give the 6300 back to voda and get the K850i - i'm still within the 2 week period that voda give to make sure customers are completely happy with the new phone.

Chris

Ah Dave you were spot on mate, turned of 3g, worked like a charm so looks like I will try the P1i next, thanks for the heads up on that mate.

As for the airbag situ, many people have done & havnt had any issues, happy dayzz do it all the time, apparently its the same airbag that it uses & just utilises one of the airbag circuits not both, so thats why it doesnt fault, time will tell huh but also my parts guy had the parts listed against my chassis anyway so that made it even better for compatibility.

If you dont hear from me for a while you know I'm stuck in the car with the airbag gone of pinning me to the seat like Sylvestor Stallone in Demolition Man with the foam, lol, lol.