Chris NottEM Tuning
    1st Gear

Status

silver trim looking worn out

Hi all

I have a 2006 Audi A4 s-line and the silver trim around the windows has gone like a white milky effect.

I only noticed it today because i've got a 2008 loan car and this looks much different than mine.

Has anyone elses done this ? is this a fault?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Yep all Audis appear to go like this , there is a service bulitin supplied to the dealers that blames the owner for using car washes or other cleaning fluids . I had this problem with a 6 month old car and then again at 2.5 years old . They will not change the strips . My new A4 less than 2k miles ( never been wet ) is showing slight probs on strips , should have gone for black out spec !

Reverse Gear

Status
    Join the club! My 2006 A4 Avant SE is the same. Trouble is you don't always notice it straightaway until you've bought the car and then of course it too late to try and knock the price down. I've spoken to someone who used to work for an Audi dealer and they said the best bet is to offer to go halves with the dealer on the cost of fitting new ones in the hope that the dealer will want to retain your custom in the future.

6th Gear

Status
    My A8 is like this, I didn't notice when I bought it. The car was 11 months old. I went to Audi service and asked for them to be replaced, I got the same speil. "it's how it's been washed sir, not our problem"

I then explained that the car was an ex audi demonstrator and they were the people responsible for washing it. Suddenly the attitude changed. So they will be replaced under good will.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I had same problem but put pressure on the service manager and got him to change.A friend tried the same thing at another dealer and was refused.Mind you the replacements dont seem as good a fit or quality.Went back 3 times to get right.

5th Gear

Status
    Mine were starting to look a little worn, after the usual brush-off from Audi, I got a friend to recover them in Carbon Fibre
    A6 3.0 TDI.