Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Driving like it was stolen

Status

Really really want a chip

I really really want to chip my 2.0 tfsi in the very near future however its a lease car so if I did anything that resulted in a warranty claim being rejected I would be in serious bother.

Has anyone ever had a warranty claim rejected due to a chip?

What companies can reset the counter so that Audi can't tell it has been changed?

All help appreciated!
    Out in Oz - S3, silver and stock as a rock
    Still in the UK - A4 2.0 TFSI, Suzuki Grey
    Before - A4 2.0 TDI, Brilliant Red
    Still Sad She's Gone - Lotus Elise 111's, Inferno Red
    Took My Vag Virginity - VW Golf GT TDI, Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Try www.angeltuning.co.uk.

they re-mapped my 3.0tdi quattro yesterday and did a brilliant job. Speak to Nigel.

Jools

Reverse Gear

Status
    This is just what I have been waiting for as I have looking at numerous web sites but still a bit wary of who to use.

I e-mailed angeltuning and Nigel came straight back with a number of comprehensive replies outlining what can be done with the 2.0 TFSI. On a Saturday with the rugby going on as well.

I'm very interested in doing this and will give it some serious thought.

Thanks.

VAG Junkie

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R14AYN View Post
    I really really want to chip my 2.0 tfsi in the very near future however its a lease car so if I did anything that resulted in a warranty claim being rejected I would be in serious bother.

Has anyone ever had a warranty claim rejected due to a chip?

What companies can reset the counter so that Audi can't tell it has been changed?

All help appreciated!

No Idea where your located mate but I highly recommend Ray West at West tuning. http://www.west-tuning.com he did my 2.0tfsi in the golf, my 1.8t in the leon and will be looking after the audi soon too.
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

Status
    Thanks folks

jools spoke to Nigel - very helpful chap who thinks I'll see a major change and sounded like he knows whats what.

NobberUK I'm in sunny Glasgow so west is about as far away as you could get! They sound like a good knowledgeable company though.

Both Nigel & Ray said that Audi would not be able to tell that the software had been changed, they may over write it but they have no way to tell its been modified and thus shouldn't mess with any warranty claim should it arise. Has anyone found this not to be the case?

Also one company thinks he can get gains of about 50 bhp and about a second off the 0 to 60 is - is this true from experience??

Thanks again
    Last edited by R14AYN; 17th March 2008 at 16:49.

VAG Junkie

Status
    I've read about 40-50bhp with a bit of pipe work and the same torque increase too. I'll be off to see Ray real soon, he's a legend without doubt. My mk5 GTi is incredible in every gear thanks to his map! Add that to the KW V3 setup he did and its a very competent car!
    Current - Ibis White S3 with added LOBA,Sachs,AutoTech,Custom Map,Recaro,ITG,Eibach,3SDM,Milltek flavourings.
    Ex Ibiza Cupra R, Mk1 Leon Cupra R, Mk V Golf GTi, Mk2 Leon Cupra K1 and B7 Audi RS4 Owner!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R14AYN View Post
    Thanks folks

jools spoke to Nigel - very helpful chap who thinks I'll see a major change and sounded like he knows whats what.

NobberUK I'm in sunny Glasgow so west is about as far away as you could get! They sound like a good knowledgeable company though.

Both Nigel & Ray said that Audi would not be able to tell that the software had been changed, they may over write it but they have no way to tell its been modified and thus shouldn't mess with any warranty claim should it arise. Has anyone found this not to be the case?

Also one company thinks he can get gains of about 50 bhp and about a second off the 0 to 60 is - is this true from experience??

Thanks again

Do their remaps reset the ECU Flash counter then? Most remaps don't reset the counter, so each time a map is applied it will increase by 1 and is pretty obvious on a dealers diagnostic kit. Granted most of them probably don't pay it any attention. The only company that have a way around it, that I know of, are the GIAC based remaps. Not sure of who their dealers are in the UK, other than Star Performance up in Scotland.

Status
    mjswell - that was my understanding as well, I remember a big whoha not that long ago about companies now being able to reset the counter to whatever it was before the map.
    This really is my main concern as if the warranty is made void Im sure there will be some horrendous penalty clause in my lease.
    Both seem to think the dealers have no clue but if I was a Technician working on a slightly non standard car a remap would be the first thing I would look for.

Spoke to Jim at Star and he said that Audi can tell (which I thought made sense) however he sets the counter to whatever it was before he started. He thinks I'll get an increase of about 25/30 bhp, about 60Nm of torque and about .7 sec off the 0 ro 60 and about 4/5 off o to 100 which sounds a bit more realistic.
    Last edited by R14AYN; 19th March 2008 at 11:24.

VAG Junkie

Status
    I'll update this when mine gets done, see what sort of figures it gets. Lol, i've just thought, i've not posted a single picture of the Audi, can't you tell i have very little love for it!

6th Gear

Status
    Would be intrigued to hear about 'the new audi', eh Staypuff.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

VAG Junkie

Status
    Bartholomew - I wondered when you'd show up!

Not much to tell on the Audi front, waiting for 'budget funding'. Things I will say are:

It's Big
    It's Heavy
    It's Slow
    It's Diesel