Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Tiptronic - Over Revving DSG?

Is anyone familiar with the automatic gear changing characteristics of this unit?

I have recently purchased the above car with 30,000 miles on the clock which drives beautifully smoothly changing gear as expected - but with one small niggle...

It seems to be 'reluctant' to change up into 4th, when conditions seem perfect (more obvious whilst driving around town at 30mph), and prefers to wait until the engine has sometimes reached almost 2000 revs depending on gradient.

I know the DSG programme takes into account numerous conditions in order to ensure optimum economy but I feel that if I was driving manually I would have changed up much sooner to keep the revs down. Other gear changes seem fine.

Can DSG programmes be reset?

Any comments or similar experiences would be much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    AFAIK the auto box on the A4 isn't actually DSG, it was only released on the A3, Or so I was told!
    My mate is also having a gearbox problem with his 6 month old A4 3.0TDi quattro. The car sometimes "messes up" the change from 1st to 2nd and feels quite jumpy.
    The Dealer has his car at the moment and is having trouble sorting it they've even talked about rejecting the car back to Audi.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Previous
    2010 R36 Saloon in Biscay Blue
    2008 Red S3
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro S-line Sportback dsg Avus silver
    2005 A3 3.2 quattro Sport Sportback dsg Black

AFAIK the auto box on the A4 isn't actually DSG, it was only released on the A3, Or so I was told!
    That's correct. Currently the DSG is only available to suit a transverse mounted engine although that will change in August 2008. (see my other post). The Audis with the longitudinally mounted engines use the 'multi-tronic' gearbox - a totally different design to the DSG.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status

My apologies...

...I meant DSP not DSG!

The original question still applies! Thanks.