SE or S-Line

diarmuid

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a 05-06 Audi A4 2.0 TDI. Upgrading a bit from my '98 1.8 SE! The only thing is I'm not sure if I should buy one with an S-Line or an SE Spec. It seems unusual that you get more with an SE crusie control/ Cd changer etc. (I may be wrong).
Is there a big difference in ride between the two. I take it the S-line is a firmer ride etc.
I'd appreciate any suggestion on what to go for.
Thanks

I'd go for the S-line personally as the ride is still bouncy in my opinion and what you loose in spec you gain in looks!

I bought an s-line and can only say that I'm very pleased with it. Ride is firm but still composed, and is never uncomfortable. it would be s-line every time for me.

HI,
i had a 2001 se and have just bought my 2005 s-line much sexier car mate.. better handlin and ride better too.......... trust me or the other guys say so awell ........................

You'll be glad you chose the S-Line over the SE, a mate of mine has an 07 SE Avant, I've the S-Line Avant. When side by side, the S Line is way better for looks imo. Not only does it look better lower but subtle differences too. Get the privacy glass to boost and you'll be more than happy!
I swapped from a 56 plate Golf GT170 and have never looked back, the Avant is awesome (wish it was an RS4 but one day :hubbahubba:).

I’m on my 2nd S-Line in 3 years. Parked next to the SE's in the car park there’s no comparison IMO. I think the seats are comfier in the S-Line but again everyone's different. I would get myself down to your local dealer and have a look at the two parked next to each other, sit in both and go from there.

I'd compromise and go for the sport. I find the SE is too soft, but I find the S-Line too hard on our great roads. The sport is a good compromise between comfort and handling.

Don't be scared to test drive as many as you can, and test drive them on the roads you'll be driving on the most. Some of the roads I use are shocking, and I'd have loose teeth by now if I'd chosen an S-Line.

arthurfuxake said:
I'd compromise and go for the sport. I find the SE is too soft, but I find the S-Line too hard on our great roads. The sport is a good compromise between comfort and handling.

Don't be scared to test drive as many as you can, and test drive them on the roads you'll be driving on the most. Some of the roads I use are shocking, and I'd have loose teeth by now if I'd chosen an S-Line.

I thought the sport was the predacessor to the s-line. i'VE STILL GOT A LOT TO LEARN ME THINKS...LOL

having the choice I'd have the S-Line over SE, my SE came up at the right time right place, but I'd hold out for an S-Line next time.

My SE is very well equipped, Xenons, Cruise etc .. but just looks a little bland, 16's, no spoilers/flares etc ... but still a great car :thumbsup:

S-Line for looks, and then any of the SE options you want you should be able to get added after market (such as cruise control). Hold out for Bose as well if you can as that seems to be very hard to retrofit and makes a huge difference to the appeal of the car IMHO.

Chris

I'm also trying to decide between the two. Currently swithering about an SE 140 and an S-Line 170 also a SE 170 and an S-Line 140. Both 170's have Bose and 1 also has Sat Nav. All 4 cars have double din so a retro fit RNS-E is always possible plus both S-Lines could have the missing cruise easily fitted.

S-Line without a doubt looks sexier.

Decisions decisions :uhm:

Ive got a SE Avant 2.0 TDI 140 with s-line suspension, privacy glass....looks just as good a an s-line, but i didn't have to pay for cruise, full DIS and got nicer wheels too.

Must admit the ride is a little firm...about the same as the Golf GT TDI 56 plate i just got rid off.

But mate have a play with both if you can.

Well I've just put a deposit down on a 3 month old 140 S-Line complete with sat-nav, 18" wheels and in the blue I wanted all from my local dealer.
:rockwoot:

The more I looked the more I prefered the S-Line styling and it's good to drive - not as firm as I'd expected.

Once I get it I'll post some pics.