New A4 B8

jonmusicman

Reaction score
Has anyone had a test drive in the new A4 B8? I have just driven the 1.8T SE and I must admit, it does look very nice. There is so much more room compared to the B7. I think the dash looks very modern but feels cheap and there are loads of buttons. My other BIG gripe are the peddles. They are off set and even worse is that your foot catches the foot rest when you press in the clutch. This feels VERY unconformable.

It's not for me, I'm out

I took a 1.8T SE out for a drive this afternoon, Wasn't too impressed either! Thought the door panels looked cheap and the interior didn't feel right, maybe beacause it was beige!It was unusual having a digital speed readout in the DIS. I'm sure it takes time to get used to. I did miss the power from my own car, there's a big difference. The s-line looks good in the brochure, the side fins and large wheels help, so i'm thinking of ordering one. I'm going to try and find out if the engine can be re-mapped?

I've taken out the 2.0 TDi 143 BHp.

I found the ride quite harsh as it was an SE. My partner said it was the same as my current Sportback sport TDi. She is really concerned that if I order the S line the ride will be way to harsh.

One thing I did notice was an apparent lack of Power from the engine, and also it needed a lot of force to get 1st and 2nd gear.

I love the style and like the interior.

Not sure I can put up with the lack of Power though. Which is very sad as I thought this would be my next car.

Never mind am sure they'll sell well without me

Don't you think they're quite pricey though?

Sure you can get them re-mapped eventually, as they're forced induction engines. But you'll have to wait a while until the tunders have had a chance to sort out the mapping...

Good luck though !

jonmusicman said:
Has anyone had a test drive in the new A4 B8? I have just driven the 1.8T SE and I must admit, it does look very nice. There is so much more room compared to the B7. I think the dash looks very modern but feels cheap and there are loads of buttons. My other BIG gripe are the peddles. They are off set and even worse is that your foot catches the foot rest when you press in the clutch. This feels VERY unconformable.

It's not for me, I'm out
HI
I find my foot catches on the foot-rest on the B7
JohnyT

Took a new 2.7TDI auto out on Sunday for an unaccompanied test drive for 1 hour. What an engine - soooo quiet and smooth. In terms of the trim my other half commented that she thought it looked cheap and didn't seem put together as well as our car. Like the lights though. The S-Line should look cool judging by the preview photo's